Weekend recap

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Well this weekend didn't go quite like I thought it would, but when do they right?

It was a weekend of firsts that is for sure.  First swimming lessons, first sleepover, and first time my mama hoped that I had strep throat instead of what I do have.

So Friday was a big day for the Murrays.  We decided that we needed to get John in swimming lessons asap because when we move to Daytona Beach, we'll be around water a good bit of the time.  We probably should have started him sooner, but I've never felt the urgency until now.  Well John was a little iffy at first.  He's been a little clingy with me recently so I ended up having to get in and let Matt take pictures.  I wasn't exactly prepared to be the one in the pool so ended up having my hair down and my lovely earrings in, but I survived.  I sort of felt like one of those people on tv who go to the beach with bangles up to their elbows and giant earrings.  So glamorous of me.

Stud Muffins.  (The speedos were required.)


Warmin up!



And loving it!

I really learned a whole lot just from one class.  I wouldn't have even known where to begin to teach him what he needs to know about swimming so this is just as helpful for me as it is for him.  I also loved meeting some of the other moms.  It made me feel better about making friends when we move knowing that there will be opportunities like this one in the DB area.

John loved swimming more than I can explain in words.  He had so much fun and just took right to it.  I have a feeling we won't be able to get this child out of the pool this summer.  He cried when we left and kept saying "water pool" on the way home.  I guess it really made an impression on him.

Friday night also entailed having Rolan (11 weeks) and Jack (20 months) over for a sleep over so their mama and daddy could get some MUCH needed rest.  I will not lie...I was slightly terrified at what I was signing myself up for, but I can remember those sleepless nights and knew that our friends needed a night to themselves.  It actually turned out to be so much easier than I expected.  I don't want to have twins anytime soon that is for sure, but I really enjoyed having all of the boys together for a night.  John and Jack play well together for two almost two year olds.  There is a little "mine" going on, but no major fussing, and baby Rolan slept great for us! The only snag was when John woke up around 4 am throwing up. It was at that moment that our weekend plans changed a bit...

Can never get these two looking at the camera at the same time.

Where's the baby?

Bath time is more fun with two.

Breakfast.

Rolan.

We thought John was all better when he woke up Saturday morning, but then he came down with an awful fever.  Poor baby was shivering from head to toe and was just miserable.  We decided to go ahead and take him to the doctor today, and he has a viral throat infection.  I was hoping for strep throat because at least then he could get a shot and feel better by the morning.  Instead, we'll be "waiting it out" for the next few days until it's run it's course.  It is so miserable to see your baby feel so bad.  I just wish I could make it better, take it from him, anything.  Everytime the fever breaks, John gets a little energy and is up for playing around for a little bit.  Sweet boy can find a way to keep smiling.


Just drawing through the fever.

He was able to accomplish this mess at one point.  Progress.

Tickle Monster hands.  Matt teased me about putting him in this giant tshirt, but I read that he needed to be in loose fitting clothing for his fever.  I took it literally.

And good ole blankie and "baby" (that's what John calls his pacifier) comforting him around the clock.

It looks like the next couple days may be more of the same.  Just nursing this darling boy back to health.  Sometimes I feel like one of us always strategically gets sick when I need to remember to slow down, chill out, and live in the now.  I hate that it had to be John this time.

Matt started his Internal Medicine rotation today so it will be a very busy month for him.  Can't believe it is his LAST MONTH OF MEDICAL SCHOOL. Wowza.

Surely next weekend will be a special one. Happy Holy Week to you!



2 comments:

  1. Jenni, where did y'all decide on taking swim lessons? And it looks like y'all liked them, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I'm just now seeing this Kimsey! We wanted John to get really comfortable with the water and maybe learn some water safety tips before we head to FL where he will be around water all of the time. He LOVES it!

    ReplyDelete