Living for weekends this month!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Matt has been on his Internal Medicine rotation this month and his been working his tail off.  He was able to choose four days off during the month and luckily most of them have been on weekends.  We're both usually pretty tired, but I feel like we jam pack them with fun things because we're so eager to have some free time.

And here were our weekend festivities.  I somehow take WAY more pictures than I ever mean to.  Every moment seems equally as important as the next in John's world so I'm tempted to take pictures of him doing absolutely everything.  Well I'm not tempted...I do take pictures of him doing everything.  I digress.

Friday night Matt and I were both exhausted so we had a pizza and movie night at home.  Social Worker/Mother of the year locked my keys AND child in the car accidentally when I went to pick up our pizza.  I felt SOOOOO bad.  I had to sing "the itsy bitsy spider" loudly from outside of the car to keep him calm through it.  I had to really focus to forgive myself and move on after the police came to unlock my car.  Who does that?!  We ate the pizza and some of us loathed ourselves while doing so, and then we watched the Muppet Movie.  It was precious.  John only watched about 45 minutes of it before he needed to hit the hay.

Saturday morning we had a pretty laid back morning and enjoyed having daddy home more than we can say.  John took a great nap while Matt paced the house hoping he would wake up so we could get to the UMC Crawfest.  He was so intense about getting there in time to eat large quantities of crawfish that it was like he was preparing for an Olympic event.

John went and pulled Matt's Step 2 study books off of the shelf and wanted to read them.  Lord be with him!

Took a pink bath!

Dancing with my ClareBear at UMC Crawfest.

And watching daddy and Brandon eat those scary creatures. 

John loves him some Clare. He said that if he can't marry her that he'd like to at least be her patient.

After Matt ate his weight in crawfish, we walked over to the Children's Museum for some more fun.  I will have to say that I don't recommend the Children's Museum for a little one John's age unless it's a week day and a little less crowded.  We've been twice now on a Saturday and both times I felt like John couldn't enjoy himself without an older kid pushing him out of the way.  I have to remind myself that these children are just excited so that I don't fuss at them for being so rough around my baby.  Mama bear does not like her cub threatened. ;)

My baby can now interact with things designed for children...guess that means he's more like a child than a baby these days.

This boy could really milk the cow! Quite impressive!


Forestry is tough work.

So glad Brandon joined us!

My little skunk is checking himself out.

Doing as skunks do.  I sure didn't realize they were "underground" animals?



Making our own music video.

Playing hide and seek!

Saturday night involved frozen yogurt and a lot of rest! We were all pretty exhausted; however, John decided he wanted to see us several times during the night.  Poor fella woke up Sunday morning (at 5:30 am) feeling a little ill.  Still not sure if he's teething or has a cold, but he's still not operating at 100 percent.
This was our "I'm not feeling so well" lunch of bananas and yogurt.  Sort of strange that he loves fruit and yogurt so much since that is the only thing that was appetizing to me when I was pregnant with him and dealing with morning/day/night sickness.  I guess he already had a preference that early on.

Daddy got off work early on Sunday so we got an extra treat of a Sunday afternoon at the park.  It was so nice to have another parent around while John was feeling bad and fussy.  It always seems like when one of us is losing patience, the other has endless patience.  So thankful for this!

Throwing the frisbee in true frat fashion.



Just watching a little league practice while playing at the park.  I'm thinking we need to go to a MS Braves game before we move.  John seemed a little bit interested in this.

The next few weeks are going to be chaos at work and at home, but I know things will settle down at some point...right?!  Please say that things will settle down at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment