Keepin It Real Thursday: "Ya-yide"

Thursday, April 12, 2012

One thing that is great about John is that he loves to be outside.  I know that people complain that children these days don't commonly have this trait, but rest assured, there are kids out there who can't think of anything else they want to do more (John).  The only complaint I have is that I don't always love to be outside.  I know.  It's shameful really.  Sometimes I hope that John will want to watch Sesame Street for thirty minutes so that I can do other things, but that moment is rare.  He usually wants to be "ya-yide."  In fact, he did the cutest thing I've ever seen him do this weekend...twice actually.  Once at the Flowood easter egg hunt, he got so excited to be there he yelled out "outside!" and could hardly contain his excitement.  He did this again when we were playing at the park on Sunday.  It's like the joy of being outside overcomes him and he must yell out a big thank you to the outside world.  Of course, these moments are too spontaneous to get on video.  Guess that's what memories are for.

So here are some pics from our entire night outside before bed time.

Playing the "1,2,3, go!" game.  It's his favorite!


This would be during the "go!" phase of the game!


John is into mama at the moment so I'm involved in most of these games.  And yes I'm wearing my pjs.

What is this?!  Matt caught this amazing action shot.


Matt made this lovely headband.

John thought it was so funny for Matt to break a stick over his head.



Checking out the clouds.


Even having dinner outside!

And on a side note: if any of you see me bopping my head and singing to myself, it's not the latest summer pop song I'm singing. It is this.

2 comments: