At 11 months Sam is:
* 24.5 lbs and 31 inches (We are continuing to watch his head growth and will go in monthly, but it seems like we're starting to plateau! I am so ready to be done with our monthly head checks even though our pediatrician is the nicest ever. It's just a lot to get him there monthly.)
* Wearing 18 months and sometimes 24 months clothing (Sam is breezing through clothes recently. I bought him a few things in size 18 months two days ago and am now realizing I should have gone with 24 months. He's our little heavy weight.)
* Still on Zantac and HE'S starting to try some dairy! (I have been slowly reintroducing dairy to my diet and he's been tolerating it well so in the last week he's tried yogurt and cream cheese and has done well so far. We keep it at one serving a day, but we'll continue working more in with time. I am so beyond happy that he seems to be tolerating dairy ok now. I hated the thought (although it's completely doable) of him having to eat a limited diet forever.)
* Loves to eat (Sam loves everything you put in front of him. He likes table food. He likes baby food. Heck he likes water. He is happiest if he is eating.)
* Naps two times a day (Sam takes a 1-2 hour morning nap 2 hours or so after he wakes up and then goes down for a 2 hour nap after lunch. He is really a pretty great napper these days.)
* Is all smiles and giggles (Sam is the smiliest kiddo around. He is just full of so much joy.)
* Sleeps in his own room (He still doesn't sleep through the night. It's ridiculous that he doesn't sleep through the night and I don't make him cry it out I know. One would be correct in saying that he has me wrapped around his little finger with his sweet spirit and smile.)
* Loves to get into things (Can't take your eyes off of him these days! He entertains himself quite well but it's often with things he shouldn't be messing with.)
* Is crawling like a speed demon, pulling up, cruising, and looks dangerously close to standing without holding on to something.
* Has 8 teeth and 3 molars that have just broken the gums (Sam has been miserable for almost 2 weeks with his molars and it looks like there is no end in sight for him. Three of the four 1 year molars have started to break the gums, but they have a little while to go before they are "in." He is pretty fussy all day and night right now. There is lots of being held going on! This too shall pass...)
* Can say mama, dada, bubba, yes, no, and thank you (yes is said like "ya," no he says be shaking his head, and only rarely says thank you but it sounds like "tainttu.")
* 24.5 lbs and 31 inches (We are continuing to watch his head growth and will go in monthly, but it seems like we're starting to plateau! I am so ready to be done with our monthly head checks even though our pediatrician is the nicest ever. It's just a lot to get him there monthly.)
* Wearing 18 months and sometimes 24 months clothing (Sam is breezing through clothes recently. I bought him a few things in size 18 months two days ago and am now realizing I should have gone with 24 months. He's our little heavy weight.)
* Still on Zantac and HE'S starting to try some dairy! (I have been slowly reintroducing dairy to my diet and he's been tolerating it well so in the last week he's tried yogurt and cream cheese and has done well so far. We keep it at one serving a day, but we'll continue working more in with time. I am so beyond happy that he seems to be tolerating dairy ok now. I hated the thought (although it's completely doable) of him having to eat a limited diet forever.)
* Loves to eat (Sam loves everything you put in front of him. He likes table food. He likes baby food. Heck he likes water. He is happiest if he is eating.)
* Naps two times a day (Sam takes a 1-2 hour morning nap 2 hours or so after he wakes up and then goes down for a 2 hour nap after lunch. He is really a pretty great napper these days.)
* Is all smiles and giggles (Sam is the smiliest kiddo around. He is just full of so much joy.)
* Sleeps in his own room (He still doesn't sleep through the night. It's ridiculous that he doesn't sleep through the night and I don't make him cry it out I know. One would be correct in saying that he has me wrapped around his little finger with his sweet spirit and smile.)
* Loves to get into things (Can't take your eyes off of him these days! He entertains himself quite well but it's often with things he shouldn't be messing with.)
* Is crawling like a speed demon, pulling up, cruising, and looks dangerously close to standing without holding on to something.
* Has 8 teeth and 3 molars that have just broken the gums (Sam has been miserable for almost 2 weeks with his molars and it looks like there is no end in sight for him. Three of the four 1 year molars have started to break the gums, but they have a little while to go before they are "in." He is pretty fussy all day and night right now. There is lots of being held going on! This too shall pass...)
* Can say mama, dada, bubba, yes, no, and thank you (yes is said like "ya," no he says be shaking his head, and only rarely says thank you but it sounds like "tainttu.")
* Has become a little wrestler and loves to play (Sam is pretty great at playing independently. He loves any toy that involves taking things out and putting things back in so he's pretty into shape sorters and that sort of thing right now. He does this hilarious thing where he crawls all over the house and throws anything that he can find over his shoulder. I have no idea why he enjoys this activity so much, but it is funny to watch. He also LOVES wrestling with his dad and brother. The minute Matt walks in the door from work, Sam crawls over and tries to pick a fight to get the wrestling started. It's precious. And confusing for me as a woman to understand the need for rough housing, but I think it's a thing for men.)
And here is our little chunker at 11 months!
The only one with an 11 month sign. At least we'll have it for later in life when we can't remember which child this was and how old he was.
His hair is getting so long, but I can't bring myself to cut it.
I mean. The sweetness is too much.
Cheese!
It's almost my birthday!
Oh darling Sam, thanks for the last 11 months!