Woke up Friday bright and early to these two faces. John was no longer running a fever but definitely a little bit sick with a cold or something like it. We decided after we dropped Matt off at his interview that we would just head straight to moss point because it seemed cruel to subject locking these kiddos up in a hotel room for any more time then we had to.
John got straight to work playing and Sam got straight to work napping somewhere other than his car seat! It felt great to know we were staying for more than one night so I could get a little break from packing and unpacking.
I also did something I haven't done in awhile. I showered, blowdried and flat ironed my hair, put on makeup and got dressed without interruptions. It was amazing. I headed back to mobile to pick up Matt and we had the chance to visit with our good friend chad in mobile for a minute before going back to moss point.
Friday afternoon consisted of some downtime enjoying this space and much needed r&r.
It was also cute to see Matt get home and get to work on things that needed to be done around the house. I felt like the late John Murray overtook him for a bit. ;)
I have no explanation for this outfit. I've stopped trying to understand. I just go with it.
Saturday morning we woke up (early of course) and got ready for some family to come and visit.
The kids had so much fun spending time with their cousins and we had a super relaxing visit while they played and played. We loaded up for mass without john since we couldn't tear him away from his peeps and we're lucky enough to find out our great friends we're having a baby shower not far from the church so we were able to do that as well! It was an amazing day.
I took a lot of pics with my real camera so I'll get those up soon.
Today we're on the road making that long, long journey on i10 back to the Far East. 😉
John isn't feeling well still and Sam seems pretty sleepy so I'm hoping everyone can get caught up on some much needed rest. I always feel so bad leaving Mississippi because john loves being there seeing his family so much, but a few minutes ago he was sitting in his car seat looking pitiful and said "mom I want to go home." I sort of needed to hear that.
And to home we shall go.












