Saturday morning we got up early to participate in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. Matt wasn't able to run this year since he had to work, but nana (my mom) came up and walked/ran with me. We actually ran a good bit of it. I was pretty proud of my mama! I need to do a longer post about the Race for the Cure and how much it really changed my life last year. In short, training for it helped me lose a good bit of weight and finally feel confident about how I looked. It felt good to empower myself while racing to empower other women.
Professional jogger right here.
The highlight of John's day.
We did it!
After the race we had a great day. Ate well, played hard, shopped a little. Matt was able to get home in time for a date night for us while John and Nana played at home. We went to mass alone for the first time in so long. It was such a strange experience to actually get to pay attention. We also had dinner at Walker's for the first time (yes Jackson folks...the first time. We're living on a social worker/med student budget here. We went because Matt won a gift card.). It was DE-lish! I didn't get a picture of Matt and I all dolled up for date night. I seem to never remember to take pictures if John's not in the picture. Shame on me.
Sunday was filled with more delicious food and good times! Breakfast at Cracker Barrel with Nana, followed by napping, and a spontaneous trip to the splash pad in Brandon that turned out to be closed due to technical difficulties. The closure left us back yard swimming again because we had promised John water and couldn't break his heart!
Play time. Elmo basket/russian hat.
Loving breakfast with nana!
The faces behind the camera.
First time playing with the cracker barrel peg game! He was pretty good!
More Nana loving before she had to go. :(
Back yard pool time!
"Cheese!"
And now it's back to the daily grind. Until next weekend...