What John's Doing Wednesday/Keepin' It Real Thursday!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

I'm getting a bit lazy apparently because I keep having to combine these two posts.  Forgive me.

John has been a super busy boy as of late! It is also time for an iphone dump so we'll let these pictures tell his story.

Saturday after Matt got off work we were able to go to the Halifax Art Festival for a little bit and had a really nice time.  Great weather, outdoors, and art.  Can't go wrong with that right?

Here's our little artist at the Little Van Gogh station of the festival.


 Not sure why I'm making that horrible face?


John also joined the drumming act for a bit! He drew a little crowd with his groovin. 

Here is John helping me put my foot in my mouth.  I've been just a bragging to Matt about how great John is playing on the back porch while I cook dinner and how I can't believe what a big boy he is now, etc. Well this would be where I found him the last time I was cooking dinner. Guess he still may need a little supervision. :/


\
Monday we had to make sure I was home from the gym in time to make it for the debut of Micky and Donald Have a Farm! It was a big moment for John.

Afterwards we decided to make a turkey wreath in honor of the beginning of T is for Turkey month.  John preferred to wear the supplies.

Here is his finished product!!  This child never ceases to make me laugh.  He looked at the finished product and said "MAMA! That looks so doorable." 

Tuesday we went and met John's friend Emma at the children's museum.  The first Tuesday of the month is free admission.  How nice is that?

It wouldn't be Daytona without a motorcycle right?  I didn't get any pics at the museum for some reason.  I think it was the whole chasing this one around constantly thing.

We also voted.  He was SO good while I was voting except for the occasional "mama you're voting? Why you put that?" comments which made me a little nervous.  I kept thinking "why did I put that? Was that the right choice?"  Nothing like a two year old making you second guess yourself.

Tuesday afternoon we decided we needed to cook off some of our election day jitters.  We got really busy (and REALLY messy) in the kitchen.  I always find that and the taste testing very therapeutic.

We also did a little jamming with daddy.  That helps too.

And Wednesday, we woke up and were meeting our friend Leslie for breakfast when John started talking constantly about wanting to go see animals.  He didn't stop all through breakfast so on a whim Leslie, John, and I ended up a Animal Kingdom.  We had a blast and John was beyond excited to get to see all of his favorite animals!

This was breakfast after he found all of the snacks I had packed for our morning with Leslie.  He thought he would eat them all at breakfast.


Somebody was so happy to be at Animal Kingdom!  He had the biggest smile on his face all day.

 SAFARI!!!!!

FARM ANIMALS!!!! 
(I'm not yelling at you.  I'm trying to capture John's excitement for you! Imagine some squealing as well.)

I guess because it was pretty cool yesterday all of the animals were so active during the Safari.  It was so neat.

Some were a little less neat...a little more scary.


Meeting Minnie! The plan was supposed to be to have breakfast, go for a walk, and then let John play at the park so you'll have to fogive my lovely outfit.


John was so much more delicate when meeting Minnie.  He usually runs full speed ahead toward them, but he showed such gentleness for his love, Minnie Mouse.

And that's pretty much what John's been up to!  


Now...if I were to actually share my thoughts at the moment for Keepin' It Real Thursday, I would probably lose some friends.  So I shall zip it and refer back to this post.
And also I saw this on pinterest and I thought it was so true and convicting...


And I would add number 4. their presidential candidate losing or winning.

Nuf said.

Keep it real y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment