Keepin' It Real Tuesday? I've fallen off the wagon.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

This post is purely for my own uses.  I need to publicly shame myself for falling off the health wagon.  I truly believe in the power of fitness and nutrition.  I believe in living a life that is healthy and happy.  But recently I've been believing in John's Halloween candy a lot more than wellness.

It started months ago with slacking off of running.  My knee was hurting..and life was busy...and...I was getting lazy.

Then my running hiatus turned into a serious dependence on diet coke for energy.  I have always loved diet coke more than I should, but recently, it's gotten out of hand.  I "need" it in the morning...and lunch...and an afternoon pick me up...and maybe at dinner or after if it's been a long day.  I keep trying to cut back, but somehow find myself with such little self control putting it into practice.

One thing research has shown about diet coke is that it can cause you to crave sugar more than non-diet soda drinkers.  This has been very true for me.  The more diet coke I drink, the more cookies I bake, candy I eat, or ice cream I devour.

I must be stopped.

I must stop turning to junk to energize me and start relying more on those endorphins from exercise!

The exercise is the easier part because I really enjoy those few minutes a day that I get to listen to good music and tune out for a bit.

It's the diet coke that will be so hard to part with.  My sweet, ice cold silver can that brings me so much joy and deliciousness.


Diet Coke, my pal, it is time for you to become my every now and then treat and not my daily sustenance.  You and I have a toxic relationship that must end.  We must see that we're better as occasional acquaintances.  This tangled web we weave is not good for my waistline or my well-being.

So tomorrow I start anew.  I can't quit diet coke cold turkey or my family will disown me, but tomorrow I start the cutting back process and my goal is one month from now to be off the crack coke.

Please pray for me.

And sweets...you've got to go as well, but we haven't been lovers long enough for me to let you down easily.  I'll see you on occasion as well, don't worry.  I could never live my life without your goodness, but we cannot visit daily.  It's just indulgent.  Gluttonous really.

For accountability's sake, I'm going to try to remember to post a sentence or so in my keepin it real blog posts about how my cutting back is going and in a month I'm going to be free.  I will be free.

A little pinterest inspiration for ya...this one is so sobering to me.


I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

Keep.it.real.

2 comments:

  1. You usually write a blog that makes me cry. This one makes me hide (as I drink my coke.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come out, come out where ever you are!:)

    ReplyDelete