Keepin It Real Thursday...mom and dad

Thursday, November 29, 2012

I have a zillion things to get caught back up on, but not much time today to do so.  Matt is on peds right now which is a pretty heavy rotation so I've been on mama/Christmas duty the last few days. I feel more pressure than usual this year to make sure everything is perfect since John is so into it all.  No worries.  I'll be over it soon.

Sometime over the last weekend, John has started calling Matt and I "mom" and "dad."  It is so grown up coming from his mouth.  At first, he was just calling Matt "dad" and I sort of laughed it off, but then when "mom" started coming out of his mouth, I almost cried on the spot.  I'm not supposed to be "mom" yet...I'm still your beloved "mama" or "mommy" right?

Not only am I "mom" but I'm also becoming "mom."  I can hear the adolescence in his voice when he says it.  Today we were listening to Christmas music and it was "mom, don't sing k?" (Can I get an ouch?)  And then it was a heavy sigh and "mom, clap!" I guess I was supposed to know that I didn't have singing rights, but that clapping was a given.

Soo there you have it.  John has figured out how totally uncool I am by the time he was 2 years 3 months and 10 days old.

Although, like most men, I have learned that food is the way to his heart.  Today after I made breakfast, he told me "mom, you're the best cooker ever."  While we all know that this is as untrue as anything could be, I'm going with it.  I'll bake cookies all day if it means I get a little love from my "too cool" dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment