Well the day of love was a success in the Murray home this year. We started our morning with a little breakfast for this precious boy.
Then a second breakfast after getting our Valentine's happy.
I totally understand why people think Valentine's day is just another reason for people to spend oodles and oodles of money for a Hallmark holiday, but I sort of love it. We're not one for the extravagant gifts or gestures, but I love the simple and creative ways that we show our love on this day.
This year John and I made Matt a present thanks to a little Pinterst inspiration. Lucky Matt right? Doesn't everyone love a homemade gift... :/
It's a dry erase "I love you because" board. Sort of a gift that keeps on giving approach. :)
Matt is the best gift giver ever and always makes me feel bad by his extreme thoughtfulness. This year he gave me an itunes gift card which seems blah, but made my day! I've been desperately wanting to download some good running tunes, but felt bad spending money on that since we're living on a tight budget these days. I'm pumped about my next run with great songs and great weather.
John even got in on the Valentine giving this year. This seriously made my day...week...probably month.
So I did it. I've blogged twice in a week...because I can keep with a blog. See!
In the immortal words of Lennon and McCartney, "and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."