Just a brief thought on it. This is the first time in our lives that both Matt and I really were excited to begin lent. I think for me it's because with all of the uncertainty and distraction that Match Day/upcoming changes has brought, I'm excited to have something to ground me in what really matters. It is an opportunity to remember that there is something bigger than what is currently going on in my life. Something that matters much, much more. I'm honestly glad for a time of fasting as well. I'm glad to be forced to deny myself some creature comforts so that I can become a more disciplined, faithful person. I feel certain that my body will be thankful that the season of gluttony has come to an end as well. :)
Just a little lenten inspiration for you. This has been my thought all morning: Lord, lead me to the cross.