I'm totally borrowing this blog day from our great friends the Millers. They have an amazing blog where I keep up with their two precious little ones: www.mattandlauradmiller.blogspot.com
One thing that I love about a blog a week devoted to this topic is that it gives me the opportunity to show the ugly side of the good, the bad, and the ugly in our lives. I hear people say all the time that they've never seen John cry or Matt and I seem perfectly happy (and we are a lot of the time) so here's my opportunity to keep it real for y'all.
I'm going big in honor of our first "Keepin it Real" Thursday. I introduce to you...Jenni at 5:45 this morning.
Yep! That's what Matt got to wake up to this morning. Let me narrate for you...That would be me with a breathe right strip, a fever blister, and a case of pink eye (getting better as you can hardly see it's pink).
So the ugly side of having an adorable toddler is that they may give you RSV which may turn into a sinus infection and pink eye. We are entering into weekend number two now that we're on lock down in the house because one of us has been a public health hazard. It's a bummer, but after traveling all over the last few months, it's honestly been a nice break from the tornado our lives have been as of late.
So back to the Millers...we got their precious birth announcement/Valentine introducing Ms. Mary Frances and I put it on the fridge yesterday. John has become a little obsessed with Mary Frances (aka: baby). He drags me into the kitchen frequently to show her to me. So sweet!
My personal keeping it real moment happened today while I was taking John to school. I heard a song on the radio that brought me out of my poor me slump and back into being grateful for every blessing I have. This fella wrote this song after his baby was born with a heart condition and he wasn't sure if the baby would make it. What's a little rsv/sinus infection/pink eye? John: You're worth all of me.
Keep it real folks.
Have an amazing weekend!

