Here are a few pics of my diva.
Isn't he lovely?!
Here is a quick preview of what we thought would be his "tiny audience."
Well the event turned out to be a huge success and raised at least $1000 for Jackson Free Clinic. I was so impressed with each of the 14 groups that competed because you could actually tell they put a ton of effort into it! Somehow my crazy husband who put the least amount of effort into his (but maybe the most courage) won the thing! Go Matt, you little vixen!
I'm sure if Matt could have given an acceptance speech he would have thanked all of his great friends (like those pictured above) for coming out to support him. Please note the left over eye make up in the picture. Matt gave me a little cred when we got home for wearing this stuff daily. :)
John will probably need some therapy after this, but he was such a good sport! He just clapped and and yelled "yay daddy" the entire time.
And now a quick reason why I love these two to the moon. Matt- I love that he is not afraid of looking stupid (because he did look stupid) and participating in something that gives back to others. He has always been the type of person who can make you feel so at ease just being yourself and embracing any weird thing that sets you apart from others. I love his confidence and his ability to do the right thing despite what others may say. John- I love that he has evolved in to an amazing encourager recently. He cheers for me and says "yum" when I'm cooking dinner and he claps and cheers for this teacher when she cleans up their classroom. He always has a smile on his face and a "yay" to offer over anything little thing someone does. It brightens my day to see him growing into such a loving, kind child.