It's Wednesday so I'm sure you all are dying to know what John's been up to!
Before today...there was yesterday (of course). Yesterday was a rough day for my little man. We went to one of the local church's toddler programs where John hit his face on a toy somehow and busted his lip. It wasn't too bad and he seemed to be back at em' rather quickly. And now it's time to explain the face injury you may have seen on facebook in case any of you are considering making a call to the child abuse hotline. After a good long nap, we decided to play outside for a bit with the wagon. John was pulling the wagon and stopped to pick up a stick. Next thing I know he lost his balance and face planted into the sidewalk. It was such a tiny fall, but my goodness did it leave a nasty mark! We opted for television inside until daddy got home from work. Then for some reason we decided to take a bike ride to look at Christmas lights. You would think I would have just called it a day right? We had a nice bike ride and were heading home when Matt, who had John on his bike, had to go around someone walking his dog and crashed the bike when attempting to get back on the sidewalk. Murrays down. You may remember I did the same thing a few weeks ago. Why can't we ride bikes? Isn't there some saying like, it's as easy as riding a bike?
So that's how we ended up getting ice cream past John's bed time here.
My poor little Rudolph!
This is what John did when we came back in from the sidewalk face plant. Poor guy is never still, and he just laid down so defeated.
So today we were determined to stay safe and well! We decided to go shopping for Matt's Christmas present. We had a delightful time at the mall where John was drawn to this hat...
He can't read (I think), but he knew he liked this hat. Lord help me.
And then this wild child agreed to sit in his stroller while I looked around if I took him on the mall train before we left. I knew I had a short window of him actually sitting there so I was shopping with a mission. Next thing I know people kept looking at us as I sprinted around the mall. In all honesty, I was getting kind of frustrated because I thought they were staring at his poor little injured face. Then I looked down and saw that this child had somehow wiggled his way out of the top of his shirt. I literally just laughed like crazy and took his picture because it shocked me so much. I never know what I'll get from this one. I'm officially always on my toes.
So we came home, watched Rudolph, napped, and played super hero while we waited for dad. Super hero is our thing at the moment. He can't get enough of it.
He's a character isn't he.
Sometimes even super heros have to stop for some Rudolph lovin.
And just because it's What John's Doing Wednesday, I need to document a few of the latest Johnisms. John has started saying a few phrases that crack me up. He has no idea what they mean but he uses them religiously.
1. "Stop reminding me!" All day today I was told that. Never in context.
2. "But I know!" He just randomly says this.
3. "Actually..."
And then there are the things he says that totally catch me off guard.
1. The other day he wanted to see Matt who I explained was at the hospital taking care of sick kids. John then told me "I could kiss them and make them better. And we could play together at the hospital." Seriously. My heart melted. How sweet is that?
2. Today's gem was (as we run circles around our house playing super hero) "Mom! Sometimes when I run really fast I poop a little." Forgive me for the distastefulness, but I fell out laughing. Where does he come up with this stuff.
3. He is also recently "sad" all of the time. Last week it was because he couldn't do handstands. Yesterday it was "because I can't have fun without my purple medicine." Today it was because "I can't do wrong." I especially loved that he was sad because he could do no wrong.
4. And then for the super guilt inducing phrases he's picked up. If I fuss at him, he looks at me with these puppy dog eyes and says "that's not very nice." It instantly makes me feel bad.
And that's all folks! If I can keep it real tomorrow, I'll be back in action! And if this cold gets any worse, you can guarantee I'll be keepin' it real even if you don't hear from me!





Oh Jenni,
ReplyDeleteGaines and I just laughed out loud several times at this post! Love reading about that child!
So glad he gives you a good laugh. He is really a funny boy. Hope all is well with you and your sweet family!
ReplyDelete