Keepin It Real Thursday! Matt's big question!

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Matt read What John's Doing Wednesday yesterday and he asked me very seriously "Jenni. Does John ever wear pants?"

Not sure why he would ask that?





Ok...so here's the deal Matt.  I always take John's pants off before his nap because I feel like it's so much more comfortable to sleep pants less. 

And he does wear pants sometimes...

On his head.


And on a little bit of a serious note for keepin' it real Thursday, a quote from Modern Family last night that made me think.  I love Modern Family.  It is the only show that Matt and I actually attempt to watch regularly.  So the back story here is that Claire had organized a baseball field to be made for her son's baseball team to play on because all of the fields were booked.  Everyone gets there and the field has gone from full of junk and nasty to looking like a real baseball field.  This is when her husband Phil (who is a caricature of Matt Murray by the way) after seeing the field said "you fall in love with this extraordinary person, and over time they begin to seem oridnary...I think it's all the nagging." Really hit home with me because it is so true...well strike the nagging part.

"You fall in love with this extraordinary person, and over time they begin to seem ordinary." 

So my challenge for myself is to take a moment to realize what is/always has been extraordinary about Matt because time shouldn't change that in my mind.

Keep it real.

No comments:

Post a Comment