Matt and I make fun of each other constantly because we've both spent this year in awe of how fast time is moving. Without fail, at the end of a month we have a thirty minute conversation about how ridiculously fast it went by. I told him that we're starting to sound like old people because we constantly discuss the weather and how fast time flies, but, for real, doesn't it fly?
2012 was such a year of high emotion for us. The wait for Match Day in March was enough to make anyone feel anxious, but I took it to another level. It was so weird to have your life on hold waiting to see what the next few years would bring. And then we moved. And now we've lived in Florida for SIX months. Half a year. How can that be?
2012 changed Matt's title from Mr. to Dr. and just 6 months of residency has brought him so much knowledge and confidence in his ability to practice medicine. It's been such a neat process to watch, and I am so proud of him.
2012 changed my baby from a itty bitty toddling baby into a talking/running/constantly joking little boy! A year in the life of a child brings so much change and growth it's incredible! I am constantly in awe of what he learns everyday and how quickly he changes.
2012 taught me a ton about the vocation I've chosen in the married life. I have lived in the beauty of family life and felt some of the pains of sacrifice. All in all, I've grown more this year than in any year in the past. Change sort of forces these things from you.
I'm never one to really make resolutions, but maybe I'll give it a go this year.
1. Volunteer. I really have had it on my heart that I need to do some form on volunteer work every week. I'd like to find some kind of a regular thing that I can bring John to do with me. Life with a resident husband doesn't leave me much room for going off to do things alone and it never hurts for John to learn the joys of service from any early age.
2. More time for the Boss Man. I've got to quit making excuses and spend more time working on my spiritual life. I could spend much less time on facebook and much more time in prayer.
3. Read more books.
4. Really focus on taking care of myself. Staying home has given me the opportunity to pay more attention to what my family eats. I really want to try to focus on making sure that we're eating things that are helpful and not harmful.
5. Be in the moment. Lastly, I want to really focus on being present in each moment. I am so bad about texting, cooking, and playing with John all in the same moment while never fully giving myself to any of these tasks. I really want to focus on doing one thing at a time and actually paying attention to what I'm doing. No self-made distractions.
Well 2012...it's been real. Always thankful for God's abundant blessings in our lives. We've got it good.