Pinspiration.

Monday, December 17, 2012

I've actually started to put some of my currently 1216 pins to good use recently! I love pinterest, but I never actually do anything that I pin...that is until now of course.

I've been a pinsation recently (ok...I'll stop using using pin in words from now on.  even though it's fun to think of them)!

When I sent my husband this picture...


I think he almost croaked. But I had seen this beautiful Christmas sign on pinterest,


 and I was delusional enough to think that I could make one.  So I broke out my handy dandy power tools.  Looked at them for awhile to try to figure out how to use them.  Then I got to work!

Yeah..I built that. 

And painted it.  And this was the easy part unfortunately!

Then I figured out I was going to have to print the letters and then cut them out to trace them.  (I did not think through this. I literally just figured it out as I went along.)

Traced the letters.


Holy Lord.  Painting letters is no stinking joke.  I do not have an artistic bone in my body.  I am soooo left brained.  And I completely underestimated how hard it would be.  I also think it would have been easier if I weren't using the paint brush from John's crayola water color paint set as well.  Ha! Mega mom probs folks.

But I did it! I painted every last one of those letters!

John painted his own board as well.  He loved it!

And after a little sanding it, it's done! It is by no means perfect, but I think it's such a nice reminder to walk past every day during advent.  It really helps to have a visual reminder.  And every time I messed up while I was making it, I just kept thinking to myself, "Self, things are not always black and white.  Good or bad.  Right or wrong.  Sometimes things are perfectly imperfect. Just like my little sign.  Just like my little life.  Just like me."  

I also recently made the nutella brownies that I've pinned and considered making a lot.  They were delicious and beyond easy.  Will definitely make them again.  Recipe: http://www.instructables.com/id/Nutella-Brownies-Three-Ingredients/

And the corn casserole which is one of my personal favorites, but I had never made it myself. Both dishes were beyond easy.  We're talking cooking for the super beginner easy.  Recipe: http://unsophisticook.com/creamed-corn-casserole/

I finally decided to make this felt board on a wipes case as well because I'm desperate for toddler busy activities! This was beyond easy as well! Please don't judge my scenes here ok? I was free handing with scissors.  No time for things being perfect with this project that might be a major pinterest fail with the Johnster.

House scene

Christmas scene.

Under the sea theme.

Shapes.

And you just keep all the pieces inside the wipes case when you're not using them.  There are so many people who are so much more creative than me in the world.  Thank you to those people!


And low and behold, he liked it! He sat there and played with it while I had lunch at a restaurant today. Now it wasn't full proof.  He still managed to run up and down the booths some, but he was considerably more tame than normal while he played.  He was mostly into the under the sea theme of course.

And that's it.  Just documenting my latest pinterest experiments!

No comments:

Post a Comment