Mary

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

So this is the point during lent when I start to feel disappointed in my lenten efforts.  It's not that I've caved in on what I gave up or really done anything wrong.  It's just that I feel like this lent could have meant more to me and been more focused.  I guess it is to be expected that with everything going on in our lives right now that I am a little distracted, but next week is Holy Week and I hope to remedy that.

This morning my thoughts have centered around Mary.  Understanding the crucifixion seemed easier before I was a parent.  Now the thought of losing my own child makes Mary losing hers almost more than I can bear at times.  While I normally flee from depressing thoughts to maintain sanity, I'm hoping that today I will just spend some time reflecting on the human emotions that must have been felt during the crucifixion.  As they say, you cannot really appreciate someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes.

I've had this little ditty in my head all morning.  And despite it being hippy trippy, secular, and not always scripturally acurate, it has never ceased to touch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment