Then there's the other weeks. The weeks like this one that kick me in the butt.
Let's start with Monday...I take out the chicken to make chicken and broccoli alfredo. I go to work. I know this week is going to be a nonstop, no rest for the weary kind of week at work so I'm mentally prepared for that. I leave work a little later than normal and get John. Matt has to be at the hospital late so I decide...what the heck, I'll just get John and I a pizza, skip the run, and just relax tonight because after all today was CRAZY.
Night One
So Monday night I decide to go ahead and get all the ingredients ready for tomorrow night's dinner (crock pot red beans and rice) so I can just dump in the morning and go.
Tuesday I work late AGAIN, but just know it's going to be fine because dinner will be ready when I get home. I've made red beans and rice a zillion times, but for whatever reason, I didn't put enough water in this go round so Tuesday night's dinner was not exactly edible.
Ick! Water is important folks!
So I'm improvised with something very nutritional.
Tuesday night's dinner: the chili dog
So we come to Wednesday. Today is the day it's going to be different. Matt was getting off early so he could actually cook that dern chicken and broccoli alfredo for me. I could pick up John, get home and run, eat dinner, and resume my normal life. I got out of the office a tiny bit late, but not too late so I hadn't given up hope. Until.....
My car wouldn't start.
Yep. My car wouldn't start and it wasn't the battery that was the issue so after some weird stroke of luck the security guard was able to get it to crank (about 30 minutes into trying everything else) and I had 10 minutes to pick up John from school and get to the car place before they closed. Thanks to what had to have been divine intervention, I was able to make it to both places in time and Matt was able to meet us at the car place. Of course that did mean that chicken and broccoli alfredo didn't get cooked and we were forced to resort to...
Mexican.
So today folks, I'm trying again! It will once again be a busy day at work, but I'm ready for it! I packed my running clothes just in case it doesn't rain, and I can save some time by changing at work before I leave. And that dern chicken and broccoli alfredo will get cooked tonight if I have to cook it at midnight and eat it alone while everyone sleeps.
Just for an added bit of humor, here is a picture of my fridge at the moment. I somehow did the most worstest (yep) job grocery shopping ever and grossly under bought everything we needed.
Now that is a pitiful looking fridge.
But here's the bright side- Tomorrow is Friday. Exactly one week from Match Day. And after all, I'm blaming every mistake I make on Match Day until then so I have at least one more week of screw ups until I have to start taking credit for my mess ups again.
Keep it real y'all.





