Happy 7 Months Sam!

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I'm way late on this post, but I've been busy so forgive me.  I know the world needs more pictures of my children to go round so I'm happy to fulfill my role in that now.

My Sammy Lou is 7 months old (well really like 7 and 1/2 months old, but who's counting?) and is as sweet as ever.  I love seeing his little personality emerge and so far he continues to just shower us with sweetness.  He is all smiles most of the time and can giggle with the best of them.

Here's a look at Sam at 7 months:

* Approximately 20 lbs and some ounces and 27 3/4 inches (not sure if I mentioned this before on the blog but Sam is having to go in monthly to have his head measured.  His head is jumping percentiles and is now off the charts so if it continues on this pace by 8 months, we'll have to have a ct to double check that he is ok.  We're pretty sure that he is ok, but we'll do what we have to do to be positive I guess.  Let's just pray he's decided to slow down the growth of his giant brain a little so we don't have to have a ct!)
* Wearing 9 and 12 month clothing and size 4 diapers (9 month fits like a glove and 12 months gives him a little room to bend over without popping snaps!)
* Still on Zantac and I'm still dairy and soy free (this is still true at 7 months but I feel much better about things than I did at 6 months.  He has made his way through a good bit of fruits and veggies with no issues recently.  I have no clue why he can't tolerate sweet potatoes, but so far that is the only solid food that has caused him to have a bad reaction.  His reflux is still very present, and I pray we can put that behind us soon.  Not sure at what point I'll start phasing a little dairy and soy back into my diet to see how he does, but we'll take it really slow whenever we decide to.)
* Starting to eat a little more on a schedule (Sam would nurse all day if I let him, but I've been trying to keep him closer to nursing every three hours.  It really upsets his reflux to just nurse all day so I'm trying to cut back on that when possible.  Sometimes we sneak a two hour feeding in when mom isn't paying attention though.  He's also having solids 2-3 times a day.  He has a definite breakfast and lunch, but a dinner meal when we eat dinner really upsets his reflux when we lay him down for the night.  If I'm on my a game, I make sure and get a late afternoon meal in him so he does get 3 meals a day.  He is now eating pears, peaches, bananas, prunes, apples, avocados, peas (although he hates them), squash, carrots, green beans, and tried eggs once.  His pediatrician says the latest research shows no reason to wait on eggs and meat so we'll start trying them soon.)
* Is an amazing napper as of three days ago (Sam's sleep had gotten out of control.  He wouldn't nap unless I was holding him or if I did the hold until he was so asleep and then lay him down and put my arm on him and then slowly lift it and then and then and then... and nights were the same way.  I started to be up for 2 hour stretches doing everything in my power to get him to lay in his own bed and sleep.  I finally broke down and did what I never thought I would EVER do and I let him cry it out one night.  Matt was on call, John was watching a movie, and I sat outside Sam's room and cried while he cried for 45 minutes, but it has helped more than I ever imagined.  In three days time, he now lays down for a nap and goes to sleep without any help and sleeps for around 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon and sometimes a short late afternoon nap.  The longest he's cried at nap time has been 3 minutes and now he has started crying for about 10 seconds and that is it.  Night time is easy as well and we're learning how to work these night wakings down a good bit.  I can't believe how much his sleep has turned around in 3 days.  Sam if you are reading this as an adult and dealing with feelings of abandonment, I'm sorry.  Mommy had to get some sleep.)* Is all smiles and giggles (Sam is the smiliest kiddo around. He is just full of so much joy.)
* Sleeps in his own room! 
* Loves toys and has moved into the jumparoo/bouncy thing and he loves it! He also loves books, teethers galore, and ALL of John's toys. ;)
* Fine with the car 
* Doesn't mind tummy time because he's rolling over from front to back these days. 
* Is reaching and grabbing for every thing (And loves to grab my hair and pull my face to his)
* Can sit up like a champ these days!
* Has two more teeth! (I got a picture of them because it's hysterical.  Last month was the bottom two middle, and for some crazy reason he got the top two teeth next to the center teeth first so he looks like a little baby vampire.  He's definitely working in the matching teeth on the bottom and his top center teeth as well.  All we do is chew!)
* Can say mama and dada (Matt didn't believe me for the longest time about this, but it is true.  When he gets upset he immediately starts saying "mama" or if I leave the room.  He of course doesn't say it when he's happy, but very happily babbles "dada" when Matt gets home from work.)
* Still adores his big brother...seriously it's the most amazing thing I've ever witnessed watching those two together.  They are sweeter than I ever imagined.

* Is the sweetest (He has the sweetest disposition of any little guy.)


 With these teeth...

And that widow's peak...

I'm pretty sure he's kin to Dracula.  Halloween should be easy.

Sweet bundle of love!

 Looks like a big boy to me these days.  A little less pudge and a little more lean, mean, sitting up, muscle machine.


 What are you doing in my photo shoot?

 Literally the only picture that the sign was able to survive.  Oh well!

 Please note his tan legs and white chest.  You can tell he always has on a long sleeve spf shirt. 

Oh! You wanted this?




 Here.  You can have it now.

I wanted to get whatever is on this table anyway.  Mr. is getting busier by the day!



Ladies....

No seriously...lllllaaaaddddiiieeesss....

Sitting up so well!


Just a random close up.  His eyes are already darker than John's.  I think he may be black eyed like me.  (I'm not really black eyed, but my eyes are so dark you can't really see my pupils.)

Sweet, sweet Sam.  You are a pleasure.  God love you child.

No comments:

Post a Comment