I think this post will have less words and more pictures to try to get caught back up. June is always a crazy month because it's the month we say goodbye to third year residents and meet the new interns. It seems like there is always something going on. We also tend to get more visitors during the summer which we love but keeps us going. And Matt and I are attempting to start volunteering on the CORE team in our church's Life Teen program, and Matt is helping with music now at church so we're busy little bees right now.
These pictures will probably be completely random but here goes!
Last Magic Kingdom trip before our passes went into our black out dates for the summer. We do the season passes so most of June and all of July is blacked out which turns out to be a good thing because when your used to going and not having to fight crowds, June and July can be a bit of a shocker. We did fast passes for all of the roller coasters this time because John decided he wanted to ride them....and then he hated the first one. You live and learn right?
This one is a mess. An amazingly contagious bundle of joy and energy.
And this one is a trooper. And so dern kissable.
Post call for dad! Comes home from 30 long hours to two monkeys waiting to jump on him. Poor dad!
Playing at "river park." Sometimes I sit and think...this is my life. I spend my days with this view and watching my boys play. How could I ever feel anything but gratitude.
Nursing this one on a bench. Always. ;)
Sam loves to have his teeth brushed. John loves to brush any one's teeth but his own. Match made in heaven.
It has become the irony of all ironies that Sam has fallen in love with the sword. He goes crazy to have a sword anytime he sees one. Pray for me of my two sword wielding boys.
Cool dude rocking his magic band.
Favorite moment ever. LOVED watching this sweet boy in Enchanted Tales with Belle. He was Chip (obviously) and so enchanted with the whole experience. I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry. And so would Matt.
These two also make me cry a little. John is slowly becoming a daddy's boy and it makes my heart melt.
And this one is pretty much the happiest little guy around.
We went to meet some long lost friends for dinner at downtown Disney. It was so great catching up with the Taylors, but somehow failed to take a picture. Instead I have a picture with this man.
Grocery shopping swag.
Nana and Papa Jay came to visit and we drug them to our beloved Pioneer Settlement.
While they were here Matt and I had our first date night in a loooonnnggg time. I now see why the college girls do the hand on the hip thing. It makes your arms look better than oh say they do in this pic. Oh well!
We even went to a movie! Big night. It was a 3d movie clearly...and I went wth a loon.
Cuteness.
After one of the intern welcome/3rd year going away things. Little Sammy Lou was quite worn out.
How unbelievably big does John look? He is so grown up looking all of a sudden. He is tall and thin and such a...well a kid.
Speaking of big boys. We also had to pull out the big boy baby toys for Sam. Although he really just wants whatever John has. Oh the joys that are before me.
How I hoof it to the pool. I may not be taking them swimming anymore without another adult though. John has decided out of nowhere that he is going to learn to swim like now and hates wearing any type of flotation device and when Sam is in his float thing he spends all of his time trying to drink the pool water. I have to constantly be watching them both at the same time and I end up a little stressed.
John's latest summer obsession is train tracks! He wants to build them all day everyday. He is quite great at it.
Watching the mullet jump in the pond near our house. These two love to be outside.
Just an awesome snail find on our walk to the pond. I love kids for forcing you to marvel at the wonder of a snail. They really are so sparkly!
Mr. Hungrypants snuck himself some watermelon when I wasn't looking. He handled it quite well and seemed to love it.
Sometimes recently when I'm completely overwhelmed with my Johnboy I find something like this and it makes me laugh and lighten up. Batman apparently drove the batmobile on our most recent walk. I somehow never noticed it in the bottom of the stroller.
Sam fell asleep before I turned his lights out the other night. I couldn't help but take his picture. Is there anything sweeter than a sleeping baby?
The Lucky Duck premier on Disney Junior. John has been asking for weeks if it was "June 20" yet.
Walking for John Pearson!
Speaking of walking...as I walked my normal route, look what I saw posted! Apparently a bear has also been hanging out on my walking route. Yikes! Think I may switch it up for a bit. I swear the state of FL leaves me constantly on edge. You are never safe from the wildlife.
Sam showing dad how to lounge at the resident's lounge.
Looks like summer again at the beach! Welcome back tourists.
Getting Sam's head measured again. Going to update about it on his 8 month post coming soon!
Somebody is working hard to crawl!
I could not be more grateful that these two adore each other like they do. I feel like it won't last forever, but I pray that by some miracle it does.
And a quick video of each...
Someone is clapping!
And John and Matt thoroughly enjoying the slow mo feature on the iPhone.
And that's that!




















I enjoyed this with my morning cup of coffee. Your Blogs always remind me of sweet memories of my own life. I can't wait till you have a girl.
ReplyDeleteHaha. You'll have to do some praying about that one. ;) Not sure how many tries that might take.
ReplyDelete