Why I Cried Tuesday...32 weeks!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Well I've been quiet, but luckily it hasn't been because of anymore runs to labor and delivery.  We have just been busy bees.

I am officially 32 weeks and 1 day pregnant and looking larger by the day.


Please excuse the bathroom mirror shots, but I never remember to snap a pic when Matt is around so selfie it is.  I'm getting lots of strange looks when I disclose that my due date is November 5th, but I'm so used to it from John that I can laugh it off this time.

The contractions have mostly simmered down, but they will very quickly rear their ugly heads if I get even the least bit behind on drinking water.  I have decided that it takes about 160 ounces of water or so a day to keep me going strong without any contractions.  I seriously feel like I'll be floating around this house in no time, but I would do almost anything to keep Sam where he is and cooking and I know it can get worse than my own personal lazy river.  I have had many friends who required much more punishing and intense interventions.  People keep joking that Sam will probably be the type who sticks around until 41 weeks (at this moment that thought makes me smile...at 37 weeks I feel certain that I won't be smiling anymore).

All in all I can't complain too much about how I'm feeling.  I'm definitely very pregnant and dealing with all of the very pregnant stuff...not able to move around with as much ease, back pain, never comfortable during the night, heartburn, etc., BUT I still feel good enough to be somewhat active.  The heat is starting to get to me a little though and I find myself much less eager to spend long periods of time outside.  We are heading to Disney for the last time before baby Sam arrives on Thursday and Friday though so I'm trying to get myself motivated to handle all that walking and heat with a cheerful heart.  I apparently have a face that I make when I'm not hiding my feelings about 90 degree weather that Matt calls the "dissatisfied Jenni face."  I'll do my very best to not let it out on this trip.  I'm so eager for John to get to just have a blast and play hard and really enjoy our family of three.

And that brings me to why I've been crying...I haven't really cried about this yet, but Lord knows once I start I may never start.  I'm starting to get worried about John.  My little trip over the hospital last Friday has left him with an obvious concern for me.  He is a little clingy and has started to worry about my health.  I stopped in Matt's clinic today to do a quick urine test to make sure the uti that sent me to labor and delivery was officially gone, and I didn't even think to explain to John that everything was fine.  He immediately asked Matt afterwards "is everything ok with my mommy?"  It breaks my heart to see him worry in that way.  He also asked if everything was ok with baby Sam though which melted my heart that he was already thinking of baby Sam as a brother would.  I know we'll all be settled in just fine not too long after Sam is born, but I can't help but worry about my first baby.  He was hit with the sensitive gene from both his mom and dad.  I think sensitivity can be a strength sometimes, but this one time, I'd like to protect that little heart to the best of my abilities.

Ok...this post is supposed to be about Sam...and I'm headed no where fast with all of this reflection.

Sam is still a mover and a shaker.  He moves so fast it is unreal, and he often looks like a parascope on a submarine traveling all over my belly.  You'll just see this little hump pop up and then move all around. It has become our night time entertainment.  I'm still not sure if we'll see Sam again before his big debut or not...usually late trimester ultrasounds aren't for great reasons so I hope we won't have to see him for any medical reasons.  

Also in other great news-blood pressure is still fine and swelling is minimal.  Praise the Lord for that!

This post was all over the place, but welcome to my mind. It is busy making lists and freaking out over whether or not I should get John's Halloween costume now in case Sam arrives before Halloween.  Matt assures me that he could run John by Target to get one in a pickle, but I told him that was my fear.  What if they picked out something atrocious?  #firstworldproblems #priorities

No comments:

Post a Comment