September Catch Up!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I just realized that I haven't blogged much this month, and it's time for a little catch up.  I think this month got away from me a bit because it started with my trip to labor and delivery and sort of changed the tone of September in my mind from peaceful and carefree to full on paranoia.  I can feel myself relaxing again though so what better thing to do than start uploading all of my iphone pics right?

Time just keeps moving faster despite my total beliefs that September and October would just be super laid back and almost boring months in preparation for Sam.  Instead, I think we've packed it in once again. Whoops!

Early September Matt's mom came to FL to stay with us while we assessed how easy I would have to take things and whether or not I could do the full time stay-at-home mom thing all on my own.  I have thought staying home with John has been so much easier than going to work would have been in surviving this pregnancy, but now that we're getting closer to the end I can see where sitting in doors and at a desk might not be that bad after all.  In the first trimester, that desk would have gotten old fast though so I guess once again the old working mom vs full time mom thing remains up for debate. ;)

The first weekend in September (or maybe it was technically the second) Matt and I had planned to go to Clearwater, FL for a conference/babymoon.  I think it is somewhat telling of our life right now that even our time "off" has to be business related, but I absolutely had to get my continuing ed done for renewing my social work license so we jumped at a conference that was close and offered workshops that social workers and physicians could attend.  We decided to go after I went to the doctor and it appeared that everything really was going to be ok.  Sam gave us one mild heart attack Saturday night when I started having regular contractions again, but they eased up again and I haven't had any regular ones since! Phew!

The conference was an update on Geriatrics and was actually quite interesting for the most part.  We stayed in a nice hotel, played by the pool, and ate good food alone and with full attention on each other so we definitely had a blast despite being in the conference ALL day Saturday and Sunday.  On the way home Sunday, we stopped off at a random church in Altamonte Springs, FL for mass, and Matt and I agreed that it was probably the best experience of the weekend.  It's 45 minutes from our house, but I think we'll be back once a month or so because it was so nice to be in such a youthful, joyful, alive church again.  It did wonders for both of our souls.  Totally felt like a gulp of cool water for the soul.




I was so thankful to have Nina here to help me test the waters with how much I could still handle doing.  This was on one of our morning trips to our beloved waterfall park.




While cleaning the house the other day, John kept encouraging me to sit down in his rocking chairs in his room and relax for a little bit.  I think he is officially on the mommy needs to take it slow bandwagon unless of course it involves a role that requires lots of running around...he's not so understanding then.  Please excuse his outfit.  This is his favorite outfit as of late.  Pajama shorts, pirate t, and tall socks rolled over the top of his boots.

We said farewell to Nina after a great trip, and luckily, we've been doing ok on our own.  I almost dare say I'm feeling back to my normal self again with only the occasional braxton hicks type thing.  While Nina was here, we were able to tackle some shopping for fall clothes for John and a few other things that have been weighing on my mind that I needed to get done.  If it were financially prudent, I would go ahead and do our Christmas shopping now as well so I can just be finished before Sam comes with everything up until January.  

Here is John singing a song he memorized for his favorite book, Willie McSquee & The Pirates Who Love to Clean.  Totally came out of nowhere with that I know.


Last Thursday and Friday, Matt took personal leave so that we could have a couple of family days and we opted for spending them at Disney.  Our season passes have officially run out, and we're just not sure when we'll renew them since it will be tough to take a tiny baby with us all of the time.  I'm thinking maybe December or January we'll consider getting them again...you know give Sam at least two months before we introduce him to the mouse.  :/  When in Rome right?  Matt and I were discussing our family's love for Disney as we drove there on Thursday and how hard it will be to ever not live an hour away.  Got to soak it up while we can.


 Not really loving a pic of myself at the moment, but it is what it is folks.  20 weeks pregnant is cute...32 weeks pregnant is not, but on a more positive note, they had all of the fall stuff out at Magic Kingdom! Ahhhh...


 John and Matt in the second row of the barnstormer.  We forced him to ride it now that he's tall enough...it was a bad decision.  Let's just say, if your child's favorite ride at Disney is It's a Small World, he or she is probably not going to love The Barnstormer.  Poor baby cried for a good bit and asked if we could just go back to the hotel and swim.  Bless him.

Dad was excited at least.

Just took a little cantaloupe to cheer him up.

 Last time we rode the train at Magic Kingdom the conductor gave John an honorary conductor card and we weren't sure what it was for.  This time we showed our card, and Johnboy got to say the "ALL ABOARD!"  That's him in the way back of the train calling it out loud and proud!  It was adorable, and he seemed so proud of himself.

We were attempting to leave Magic Kingdom to go back to the room and rest and swim for a bit, but the buses got held up because of an accident so we ended up hopping the monorail to Epcot for the late afternoon/early night.  It was such a fun trip because we tried so many things we haven't before since the lines were so short.  Usually we just ride the things that we know John loves since we're pressed for time, but this time we got to try several new rides like the buzz lightyear ride at Magic Kingdom which John insisted we ride more than once and we finally got to ride the toy story ride at Hollywood studios which was so much fun as well.

 Friday we spent the day at Hollywood Studios and, of course, had to see Disney Junior Live on Stage. Matt and I both tear up a little every time we see this silly show with John.  Something about how magical it is to watch John's face light up with excitement when all of his favorite people hit the stage.  It's really the sweetest thing.  On another note, doesn't he look big here?



I couldn't help but laugh at our John because we had been to three parks and done so much and John showed just as much excitement over this tiny snail he found in the bushes at Epcot as he did for anything else we did.  I have no idea how he spotted it in a giant area of shrubbery, but he was elated to see it and attempted to feed it salty chips.  Poor snail.

We left early enough Friday for Matt to make his high school football game that he's team doctoring for.  It's so cute to see him put on his Halifax dry fit shirt and head off to the games.  Saturday and Sunday were filled with Matt moonlighting, birthday parties, girl's night, and all sorts of other fun stuff. Didn't get too many pictures, but it did occur and it was fun!

I'll do my best not to go so long before updating again!



No comments:

Post a Comment