Why I Cried Monday...28 weeks!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Hello third trimester!!  Can't believe we're actually to that point.

Just wanted to do a quick update on the Saminator since I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and things are fresh on my mind.  What's most fresh and keeps playing through my mind was getting the news...

You do not have gestational diabetes!

Boo ya! I had myself totally convinced that I had it this time around after the ultrasound tech told me that she was highly suspicious that I did.  I was mourning the loss of carbohydrates and sugar and feeling guilty anytime I ate something a diabetic shouldn't while I was waiting on the results.  I walked in with my head down to the appointment waiting to hear how we would deal with it...strictly diet...medicine...insulin...all of the above, and then BOOM- got the news that I wasn't diabetic at all.  Not even borderline.  Not even close.  Wahhhooo!!  I celebrated with gummy bears and a caffeine free diet coke! It was delectable!

And believe it or not, the hormonal (well that's what I'm blaming it on because I can) urges to cry have returned some recently.  I'm pretty sure the reason behind all of them can be summed up in the fact that my baby is turning three on Saturday.  And that it's so hot outside.  And that I'm scared I won't love Sam like I love John.  And that I'm scared John will be jealous and feel rejected.  And that John has school orientation tomorrow.  And that I feel like I'm starting to waddle.  And the list goes on.  Luckily, I have my incredibly supportive husband who was so tired last night that as I rattled off my list of things that are making me teary, he would doze off and then somehow miraculously wake up and discuss the next thing on my list.

1.  John is just going to be three baby.  You need to celebrate the fact that we've kept him alive this long and that he is so healthy and happy.

eyes roll back...and I think he's asleep...and...

2. It is really so hot and I am so sorry.  Maybe y'all can just start going to the pool more.

actually snoring...

3.  What was the third? You don't think you'll love Sam? That's crazy you will.

And you get the picture! I have no idea how he does it, but the man is the best.

Also in good news, I found out yesterday that our blood services will allow Matt to bank some blood for me to have when I deliver Sam for free! I embarrassingly asked my doctor about it yesterday at my appointment because I'm starting to relive John's birth experience as I get closer to delivering again (I had post-partum hemorrhage with Johnboy and was borderline on needing a transfusion...we opted out which I guess I'm glad, but boy did I feel bad for weeks!), and he said he didn't think it was necessary to have Matt donate blood for me because if they're prepared for extra bleeding, they can usually nip it very quickly, but that it was an option if it would make me feel better.  I always hate that moment when you go from being a normal patient to one of those patients in a doctor's mind.  He was super sweet about it and didn't act shocked, but I couldn't help but feel like I was one step away from being like Elaine in that Seinfeld episode when she gets blacklisted from all doctors and desperately wants to know what was written in her chart.  So after discussing it with Matt (who also feels certain that I'm going to be fine this time around), we decided that it wouldn't hurt to just bank a few units to have on hand.  While I remember the newborn days fondly with John, it's hard to shake the memories of feeling so weak and so helpless to take care of my own baby.  I'd rather be over prepared than go through that one again.  Can you tell I'm continuously trying to convince myself that I'm not actually crazy for taking this extra precaution?

And one more plus for the hubs, we just so happen to be the same blood type so he can do this for me! Hooray!

And that's my update.  Sweet Sam is just a growing and I'm just as crazy as I've always been! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment