Why I Cried Monday...16 weeks!

Monday, May 20, 2013

Well this will be a brief one because it has been a pretty uneventful week!

Nausea has finally left me!

Exhaustion is wearing off mostly.  I still don't mind catching a nap though so I guess I still have a little lingering.

Back pain is still in full force, but I'm learning to cope with it and to remind myself that John has been walking for quite some time so it won't hurt him to do it more.  Toting 30 something pounds is not easy on the ole back.

I'm starting to have a few of those second trimester things I had forgotten about like sore gums.  Funny how quickly you forget!

Otherwise, I mostly feel great.  It feels so good to be back in the swing of life and enjoying the outside world so much more.  Still not having any major cravings and most of my aversions are gone now.  I'm working really hard now to work in the good stuff since I spent a trimester just eating whatever I could get down.  I'm definitely gaining weight a lot faster than I want to, but I'm trying so hard to be sensible (well...mostly sensible) about what I eat and walk everyday.  Other than that, I just surrender and will work it off later when it's not detrimental to a little person's health.

Baby has also been moving and a shaking recently! Every time I sit still for even 5 minutes baby is kicking and moving.  I think we'll have another wild one on our hands. ;)

We go tomorrow for another appointment, and we're hoping to convince my doctor to do a quick ultrasound to find out the sex of sweet baby Murray 2.  I would have guessed girl every moment until really recently.  All of a sudden I'm feeling like it could be a boy after all.  I really don't have a strong intuition either way though.  No one else has a strong opinion either it seems so I think we're all totally up in the air on this one.  With John, Matt just knew he was a boy somehow even though I was convinced he would be a she.  Matt started this one saying it was a girl no doubt, but has recently decided he doesn't feel nearly as sure this time as last time.  And John will be calling this baby his "stister" whether it's a girl or not because he is determined that this baby is a girl.  And that we should name her Wendy like in Peter Pan.

And I am proud to report this was a totally unemotional week for me.  Some minor tears, but nothing major.  Well...mostly nothing major.  I signed John up to start "school" two days a week in the fall and that was pretty emotional.  He just looked so big touring the school, and I think he'll love it but I'm not sure that I'm fully ready for him to toddle off with his lunch box yet.  We found a great Montessori school here, and I'm not sure if Montessori is great for every child, but I could not imagine a better fit for John.  It will be hard for me to ever put him in the public school setting because we have always had the best experiences with Montessori programs for him.

I also teared up a little when I heard this silly song on the country station as I was driving and changing stations.



Lord help me!

Hopefully we'll have more news soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment