What John's Doing Wednesday!

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Johnboy's social life has started to pick up again now that mom is able to get up and moving some more.  Poor kid was a shut in for a bit.

As I went through my phone pics, I realized half of them are of him sitting in the most random places using the potty.  They're pretty funny actually.

See.  A jungle squatter.

I haven't updated on potty training in a bit so I think I probably should.  Potty training has had it's ups and downs, but it's going well.  We're in big boy undies unless we're sleeping, and I found the more we're in them the quicker he is able to tell us he needs to go without having an accident.  At first, he had either had a full blown accident or peed just a little in his pants before he would communicate that he needed to go.  Now he usually tells me in enough time to make it to a potty.  He is not a structured pottier so that gets hard.  He is definitely not an every 1.5 hours kind of kid, and it has been a struggle for me to trust that he will tell me, but I'm learning.  And we totally cheated when we went to Disney this weekend.  We put him in a pull up, and he used the potty some and peed in his pull up some, but whatever.  It's the happiest place on Earth and mama and daddy were giving the whole family the day off.  All in all, I'm so proud of this guy for getting this figured out.  It appears he'll continue to grow up despite my efforts. 

Enjoying an "I did it!" ice cream potty treat!  Dad gets the pleasure of receiving selfies all day long!


This weekend we finally made the voyage back to Disney! It has been way too long, but Matt's schedule just hasn't been helping the Disney cause so we've all been suffering with him!

John chose to go to Animal Kingdom this time which is what he would chose if we allowed him to chose every time.  He LOVES him some animal kingdom despite there not being a single ride.  I guess you can't beat a great zoo with a Lion King show.  That pretty much puts John in heaven.

Dancing in the street festival in Africa! John was so happy to be spending a full day with dad.  It was too sweet to get to watch that sweet face light up all day.

 We finally agreed to wait in line to see Rafiki.  We usually skip the character greeting lines because when we go in the fall the lines are next to nothing and it's no big deal to meet them all.  This time of year, you may be waiting for awhile, but John was so desperate to meet Rafiki so we went for it.  It was worth it.

We also drug this child from a full day at Animal Kingdom to a 6 pm mass because Matt had to work all day on Sunday and wouldn't be able to go.  Considering what a day we had had, he was an angel.  

Apparently I shouldn't walk away in the middle of slicing watermelon to potty.  This one took it upon himself to pull up and chair and dive right in!

 We've also been doing some serious cleaning around the house as well! John LOVES to help me clean.  This mirror has never been cleaner.  It almost took a beach towel to soak up all of the Windex that was squirted at this window!

Today we decided to try a scavenger hunt at "waterfall" park! It has been so nice out here in the mornings.  Not too hot, but sunny.

 This was Emma's scavenger hunt list.  She checked things off all on her own.  So cute!

John's new favorite "trick" that dad taught him.  This is him being a turtle.

Running as a turtle is a scary sight for a mother.

John and Emma playing chase.  They were playing big bad wolf, and John got a little too rough with Emma at one point.  I don't think it hurt her, but it definitely hurt her feelings.  I am so not used to little girls, and I couldn't help but laugh because after she calmed down and he apologized, she pouted and played hard to get for awhile.  John just kept following her around and saying "where are you going? I'm sorry I hurt you."  Occassionally he would look up at me like "what the heck mom?" and I told him that he just needed to give her some time.  Funny boy looked right at me and Emma's mom and said "girl's get hurt really easy huh?"  I couldn't help but laugh.  Bless his heart. 

We are so excited to have a full week ahead and enjoying every minute of the next 2.5 weeks of Matt being on a lighter rotation.  We're going to our first Daytona Cubs baseball game tomorrow night and possibly going to take John to Epcot for the first time this weekend.  Hitting up the beach and the splash pad Friday.  Talk about a fun and full weekend!

And for your viewing pleasure...some of John's latest songs. ;)



This would be the song the sea turtle sings in the Finding Nemo show at Animal Kingdom.  It's a Murray fav.  "When you're raising sons and daughters, It's like surfing mighty waters! Oh oh oh! Go with the flooooowwwww!"


And our little Catholic's version of Salve Regina. 

And that's what John's doing this Wednesday (and some other days)!

*Sorry about the squished pics on this post...not sure what went wrong, but I got things to check off the to do list so it'll have to wait. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment