What John's Doing Wednesday!

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sorry I'm a little late on this post.  Thursday's not too bad though right?

Well John had a pretty torturesome morning yesterday, but I think it turned out to be a pretty decent day.

Yesterday morning I decided it was time to go through John's clothes.  With a growing boy, you have to go through things every few months or you'll do what I did and pack to go out of town with clothes that don't fit anymore.  When we went to the MS coast for my sister's wedding in August, I packed John this cute little outfit to wear that wouldn't button anymore because he was too long for it. Whoops!

So we went through all of the spring and summer stuff to see what would carry over now.  Yes...spring and summer.  We'll have a little cold snap for the next few days, but yesterday it was 85 degrees here!

Even tried on swimwear because I'm pretty sure it was warm enough to swim yesterday.

John picked out this outfit and almost had the meltdown of the century when I suggested that maybe we should consider something else for the day.  

He also picked these articles of clothing out and put them on all by himself...


That would be him reading his favorite book, Green Eggs and Ham.  He really knows it word for word, but, of course, I couldn't get the good stuff on camera.  Why does that always happen?

 Closet reorganized.  Look at all those extra hangers! I did what any person who had just cleaned out a closet would do.  I decided to take John to the mall to look for the things he lacked so I could fill that closet back up again.  

Luckily, on the way to the mall, Matt had a free moment so we stopped by the hospital and got some daddy hugs.  They're always the best.  When we left, John announced "I'm so, so sad mom.  I didn't get to give dad a really good goodbye hug."

Playing at the mall play area! Yes.  That is a waffle.

Please notice the train in the background.  The credit card machine was down, and I couldn't buy tickets.  Whoa! Definitely had to do the walk of shame from the mall with a crying toddler who could just get out "trrrrraaaaaiiiiiinnnnn!!!" every few minutes.  It was a loooooonnnggg sad walk.

We got home just in time for my poor train conductor to pass out in his bed.

After a good three hour nap, John woke up ready to go!

First things first, he wanted to wear his flip flops.  So we took care of that. 

Then we suited up in our "Super Why" get up and went for a walk to find Neverland. 

On our walk around the neighborhood, Matt called and said he was going to be home a little earlier than usual (God bless light rotations. They are really an oasis amongst chaos) so we went for a walk over the Halifax river and down to the beach.  It is such a beautiful walk, and such a nice time for Matt and I to catch up.  It's seems that at different points in our marriage when we really needed quality time with each other, an evening walk has given us that time.  If anyone overheard our conversations on these walks, they would think we were crazy because things tend to get deep pretty quickly.  One of us is always on a soap box of one kind or another.

 Not a bad place to walk.

Stopped in waterfall park on the way back to the car.

We also ran into these guys.  

Nice message.  Poor grammar.  Not sure the story here...something about the smile movement.

And we got home just in time to have some dinner and go to bed! Can't beat that for a great day.

And here are some videos from dinner last night.  I live in a crazy house, but wouldn't change a thing.

John can speak very clearly for a child, but he loves to sing in this crazy accent that you can't understand.  He thinks it's the funniest thing ever.


And then there was a moment of trying to shoot carrots out of noses...I didn't participate in this because it made me ill to watch.


And last but not least a little dinner time entertainment with an orange slice...


And that's pretty much what John did on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment