What John's Doing Wednesday!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Happy Wednesday folks!

Today's theme was trains and planes.  Yesterday we spent some time at one of the many parks in our town, but the only park near the small city airport.  We got to see 10 or so planes and 1 helicopter take off and haven't stopped talking about airplanes since.

Today was pretty low key day.  Went to the church this morning to meet with the DRE about a few ways that I could get involved, and, of course, John stole the show.  I think his presence will be requested frequently.  And after a fairly brief nap, we spent a lot of time playing with trains and planes. John played independently with his train set for almost an hour today which has never happened before.  I couldn't believe how content he was!  Then we made paper airplanes and fired those off for a bit.  Took a walk...cooked dinner...just a laid back day.

I did get some cute pics of him though.

Of course he's pants less and has postnap hair, but he's cute regardless right?

There was a whole thing going on here.  They were having to stop for gas and buy tickets to Disney World.

 He put together all of those tracks by himself!




Making paper airplanes! "First you fold it..."

Now what? Those are the directions on the right.


 A quick snack with Jake.


About to fire off that airplane!


Arm back...

And go!

Big boy was loving it!

Action shot.


And every good day has a potty break.  John has HUGE news though! He FINALLLLLLLYYYY went potty in the potty Sunday!!!  It was such an exciting moment for the whole family!!  I really wanted to facebook, but stopped myself for fear that people would be disgusted.  So proud of you John!

Getting in costume to watch a minute of Super Why! John likes to look at you and yell "Power to Read!" when he's pretending to be Super Why! It's quite funny.

 Daddy got home in time for some more train time with musical accompaniment.  

 And just a few bath pictures for good measure.


Melt my heart.

I didn't take any pictures while we were on the MS coast, and I'm truly ashamed.  I did take these of John and Elam (John's cousin) so I'll share those as well.


Crazy boys had fun together I believe.

And just because it's John's day, I should probably capture a few of the latest Johnisms.  He's still always in character, and they're still usually the ones in earlier blogs (Santa, Pirate/PeterPan, etc.), but recently he's also picked up Super Why! and the shepherd boy from The Boy Who Cried Wolf story.  He is really into those roles at the moment and switches between them mid thought sometimes.  I'm never really sure how to address him, but I always know "John" is not the correct way.  He is quick to tell me "I not John...I'm super why." 

He continues to be a phenomenal singer and sings his little heart out everywhere we go, but especially at church.

He also continues to love the Polar Express book so much.  The other day when I was driving I heard him recite this entire part from the book, "I did not rustle the sheets. I breathed slowly and silently. I was listening for a sound-a sound a friend told me I'd never hear- the ringing bells of Santa's sleigh." I almost wrecked because I was so shocked that he had the book memorized that well.

And just because here are some funny John quotes of the day.

"We're gonna go to Disney World and ride the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. We're gonna be so, so careful.  We're gonna sit down and hold the hand rails."

"Remember when you were married and dad was married and I was borned in that moon?" (It went something like that, John...)

And that's what John's doing this Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment