Strawberry Patch!

Friday, January 25, 2013

John and I joined some friends at Vo-Lasalle Farms today to do a little strawberry pickin'.  It was so much fun, and always a joy to take a group of toddlers to do something like that.  One of them is always lost or getting into something they probably shouldn't.  I almost feel like I've done something athletic when it's all said and done. ;)

Less talking...more pictures...

 What's in your basket? John insisted on bringing his own basket to use.  He also tripped at one point and somehow put his hand through the side of his basket.  Boys...

John and Emma.

Let the picking begin! 

 He ate the first strawberry that he picked, and then I literally couldn't get a picture of him without one in his mouth.  This will almost be comical.


An easier way to pick strawberries.  No back breaking bending.



 Strawberry lips.

Emma had the great idea to eat them right off the plant. 

 And John decided just to sit down and continue eating everything that I picked.



I guess John thought Emma was onto something.  Save a step in the process right?

And he finally stopped eating to see the horses.



\
And then silly Amelia joined us!

Picked up a few oranges because that's the farms main crop and they are delicious!

 Had a picnic and did some serious running.

 The group!

And all the loot!

As you can imagine from these pictures, poor John started feeling pretty bad towards the end of this trip.  Cold sweats and tummy aches pursued, but he's napping peacefully now.  

And just in case anyone wondered...he used to potty again while we were there! Yay!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment