And I'm jumping on this bandwagon. I did something slightly irresponsible today in the name of YOLO.
Matt and I are pretty good money managers. I don't mean that in a way that we're hoarding money in all the right places, but rather, that we've got very little and we can pay all the necessities and occasionally get some of the things we want. Neither of us spend money other than the necessities very often. I'm never going to come home with a $500 purse and he's never going to come home having bought a $1500 television.
Until today. We've talked ourselves into and out of buying Disney World season passes ever since we got home from John's birthday trip. The only reason for the "out of" discussions were financial. They just cost a lot of money. The kind of money that we don't usually spend in one purchase.
But today...after another long, painstaking discussion, we just went for it in the name of YOLO. We decided that:
1. Residency is a hard time on our family and why not spend our down time in the happiest place on earth?
2. One of the perks of matching at Halifax was the proximity to Disney so why would we not enjoy it?
3. John is only free for another year so we should probably spend as much time as we can at Disney before we're adding another season pass to the total.
4. I imagine we'll feel ready to have another baby sometime in the distant future so we should probably enjoy this time when we're a little more flexible.
5. It's just money right?
6. Who can put a price tag on the joy of having so much fun with your family?
So I'll let you know as time progresses whether the YOLO philosphy is, as I fear, just an excuse for being irresponsible or if it should be something practiced more frequently in my own life.
In the meantime, watch out Mickey! We'll see you Saturday!!
Keep it real y'all!

There are a lot of rich people out there in the world who are MISERABLE. YOLO
ReplyDeleteHaha! So true! YOLO baby
ReplyDeleteGood for you! You went for it! So fun.
ReplyDelete