Animal Kingdom!

Monday, September 24, 2012

While the season passes were pricey, they seem to be proving worth it! Matt and I like going to Disney way more than John (well way more may be a stretch).  Saturday morning Matt had a post night float hangover and John was a little grumpy so what did mom insist?  You got it! I was taking these two to the happiest place on Earth! We decided to go to Animal Kingdom this trip and I'm so glad that we did! I think John may have enjoyed Animal Kingdom more than the Magic Kingdom because he has a serious love affair with the animal world.

And let me brag on Disney here for a minute! Did you know that they let you bring food into the parks?  I think that is so amazing that they allow this.  Both of our recent trips to Disney we spent ZERO dollars in the park! I packed us up lunches and plenty of snacks and you can get free ice water from anywhere that serves fountain drinks.  ZERO dollars is pretty amazing.  (And yes...I make these poor folks eat sandwiches and goldfish at Disney, but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes).

I'll try not to bore you with the details so let the pictures begin!


The Tree of Life!

On our way into Africa with the Mount Everest in the background!

 Headed out on the safari! John loved every second of this tour.  He literally cried when he had to get off our truck/van/car and just said "more animals PLEASE!"

 So neat how close you feel like you're getting to the animals.  Hippos!

 Some felt a little too close!

 "Gee-raff" as John would say.


 Everything feels so authentic.  Good work Disney.

Somebody got a little sleepy.  One funny Johnism is that he will not sleep in his stroller (or anywhere other than his bed really).  You see so many kids passed out in their strollers at Disney, but not this boy! We were 100% napless this day, but he was so sweet. 

 He was amazed by every inch of the animal kingdom.


 I love these guys! So much fun to just sit and watch.

 Train ride over to Rafiki's Conservation Station (or something like that?)!


 John LOVED the petting zoo.  I could not keep him on the right side of the ropes.  He would have moved in with these goats.





After seeing the Festival of the Lion King, we headed over to hug Micky Mouse for a little bit.  I wasn't sure how John would feel about the Lion King show, but he seemed to really like it! There was one little part that he thought was scary, but he held it together well.  I wish I could have taken some pictures in the show because it was quite a spectacle! I was impressed with how well done it was!

 Hey old pal!


 And we finally got to meet Donald Duck! Playing a little peekaboo here...


We headed over to Dinoland which is so nice for kids John's age! He had so much fun in the Boneyard.



 In the belly of a Tyrannosaurus! 

 Digging for dinosaur bones! We had to drag him out of the boneyard.  I think he could have spent a few hours doing this.



Left Dinoland to walk through Asia for a bit before the park closed.  Mt. Everest just happened to have no line so I talked Matt into going on it by himself while I hung out with John.  This was my attempt at getting a picture of his face.

 On the way down...

 And there he is! Blue shirt.

We left Asia not realizing we had missed a good bit of it and headed over to see the It's Tough to Be a Bug! 4d movie (what is 4d by the way?  How can that even be?).

 We lasted through maybe 35 seconds of this and one of the bugs sent an acorn at us by slingshot and John got so upset! He made it through the Haunted Mansion, but that acorn was just too much for him so we had to make a run for it.  

The park was closing and so we decided to go ahead and eat at the Rainforest Cafe before we left because we didn't think that John would make it more than about 2 minutes in the car before he was out.  We were right about that too by the way.

 The Rainforest Cafe is expensive for what kind of food you get, but holy moly is it neat! It was the neatest experience ever! You really feel like you're in the middle of the jungle with moving animals all over and everything! 

We passed the time waiting on dinner with a little game of "the sneak attack kiss."  These two are too cute.



 Love the pull away face!

And that's that! 

I can't wait to get back to the Animal Kingdom! It is such a fun park! I wasn't sure what to expect, but it did not disappoint.  

No comments:

Post a Comment