We moved!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It's time to chronicle the move.  My life has allowed no time for blogging so I'm hoping I'm getting back to a place where I can keep up again.

Here's what I'm still lacking in blog material:

1. Matt and I had an anniversary! It was our 5th anniversary and somehow that seems too long and too short at the same time.  Love that man more than I can say! He's da bomb!!

2. WE MOVED! We packed up all of our belongings and drove 12 hours across the southeastern half of the United States and moved!

That's as far as I'm going to get in this blog.

No pics from our anniversary which is a failure, but we did stay at the King Edward for the night and we ordered room service for the first time in our lives.  Haha! Big moment! Our anniversary was the day after graduation so we thoroughly enjoyed shutting ourselves off from the world for a night.  It was sort of the eye of the storm if you will.

The next day (Sunday the 27th) we began packing.  We literally hadn't even started and we had 3 or 4ish days to pack our entire house! As we were packing we had an air conditioner issue that left us staying at Matt's cousin's house for a night and then spending a day packing with no air conditioning! We also learned that we would be replacing our roof without very much help from our insurance.  And as much as all of that sucked, it actually made it a little easier to leave because our sweet little house felt like a house of torture!

So we had some amazing friends come and help us pack up the uhaul truck (Thanks to the Millers, Bobby, and Armand for being the best friends ever!!!).  Like all packing, it started out perfectly organized and then by the end we were just tossing stuff on the truck and putting stuff on the road! It's funny the frame of mind you get in when you're moving.  Everything that you love all of sudden seems disposable.




After the truck was loaded, Matt headed towards Moss Point for the night and I went to pick up John from school.  This is the moment that I was dreading the most and it was as hard as I thought it would be.  I cried and cried as we left and then cried some more as I drove away.  As much as I love my job and my friends, I know I'll be fine, but I could hardly bear to move John away from his normalcy and those that he loves so much.  Children change everything and having to inflict any pain on them is unbearable.  Of course, he has done fine in Florida, but every now and then he'll ask me for "Ree Ree" (which is what he calls his teacher, Teresa) and it makes me tear up a little.  Bless him.


John's adorable best school friend, Ella.  He still talks about Ella all day long!

Sweet "Ree Ree"


So after we stayed one night in Moss Point,  we woke up and just John and I drove around 9 hours to Ormond Beach, FL! I was a little terrified of driving that far with John, but he was pretty easy to deal with.  Sometimes I think he knows when he needs to behave for my sanity.  He may have a social worker spirit afterall.

Thank the Lord my mom and stepdad made the voyage over to help us unpack! We couldn't have survived the unload and unpack without them!

A little outside distraction!

Mmmm...

So that was that. We moved.  We spent a week unpacking and then were off to the keys for a week! Pics of "new how" to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment