We're around!

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I didn't mean to fall off the face of the earth and I have lots of pics to share soon, but I thought I would update quickly about life as of late.

Our sweet Sam is suffering from a case of silent reflux which has kept me occupied most days and nights.  We started him on zantac after his one month appointment and have been steadily increasing his dose over the last few weeks.  He'll get relief for a few days and then it seems he needs a little more to feel good again.  We just upped his dose again last night and he finally slept pretty well and is having a better day so far today.  If it seems to stop working again in a few days, we'll have to try to change to Prevacid which is a different type of medicine and a little stronger to see if that can help him.  I've also decided to cut the dairy out of my diet to see if that helps at all as some babies struggle with the milk protein passing through breast milk.  At this point, we would do almost anything to make him feel better.  Even if it means no cheese or ice cream for me.  (Although I think if it is a dairy issue that he will owe me world's best mom cups for years to come)

The reflux has left Sam wanting to nurse around the clock and having a very difficult time staying asleep.  This keeps me sort of running on adrenaline and the ocassional diet coke (there's my confession...i've picked back up the habit in my exhaustion).   Unfortunately, everything else has taken a back seat to making sure that he is ok, but I know that this too shall pass.  We'll eventually figure out what medicine works for him or he'll outgrow it.  I sure hope the medicine works before he outgrows it!

Life with a newborn is always tough and life with a fussy newborn is even tougher, but I am constantly reminded of how small this is in the grand scheme of things.  Whenever I start to feel a little stressed, I think about the fact that I have two healthy, beautiful children and a husband wo is working all day and folding clothes by night.

Will share more soon!

Where he gets a little rest. Carseat on a running dryer or in the car.






No comments:

Post a Comment