Thanksgiving 2013!

Monday, December 30, 2013

I'm so behind.  Christmas has passed and I never posted about Thanksgiving so here goes nothing!

I think I remember Thanksgiving happening.  ;)

Nina decided to stay with us through Thanksgiving because Matt was on call and she didn't want us to be alone so Matt's sister Debbie and her children, Hunter and Evie, drove down to join us!  It was such a sweet thing to do so we could be with family on Thanksgiving.

We decided to have our Thanksgiving on Friday when Matt was post call so on Thursday we cooked up a big breakfast and watched the Thanksgiving Day parade.  Afterwards we all got dressed and went to the park and let the kids play for a good bit.  John, Sam and I headed home for a nap while the rest of our crew went to their condo to play on the beach for awhile.  After naps, John, Sam, and I loaded up and had dinner with Matt at the hospital.  We're so blessed that Halifax has such a nice residents lounge because there is always a good spot to hang out as a family and not feel like you're in the way.

Our Thanksgiving Day was great as well.  We all chipped in and did a little cooking first thing and then played and played until it was time to eat.  It was so nice to have some uninterrupted time with family.  After we ate and cleaned up, I dragged all of these poor souls to the infamous Twilight II motel in Daytona Beach (well technically it's in Holly Hill but that means nothing to nonlocals).  So the Twilight II is the sketchiest motel ever, but during Christmas the put up a million Christmas lights.  I would never bring my children onto their property at any other time of the year, but it's a hit at Christmas!

 Getting some Aunt Debbie snuggles!


 Our attempts at a family picture are pitiful these days.  Our children look so happy that it's Thanksgiving.

Twilight II trip



Didn't want Sam to be unphotographed, but this was his condition while we were there.

This kid is too cute (he's mine I know, but he's cute right?).  We actually had a cold day in Florida so we got to break out hats and drink hot chocolate!

Love these three!

 Another family picture attempt.

John pulled up this chair himself so he could watch this reindeer come out of this pool over and over again.


After our trip to Twilight II, it was time for everyone to head out.  I mean how could we have topped that anyway?  It was such a sweet Thanksgiving and everyone was so accommodating of our not so normal life as we know it during residency.

Miss all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment