Life still doesn't exactly feel settled, but I find that I can accomplish much more in a day than I used to and I've even survived grocery shopping with both kids so I think we may have reached the new normal. Time didn't always move super fast when John and I were home just the two of us, but boy does it move fast adding another person to the mix. Days seem to fly by.
At 2 months Sam is:
* 11 lbs 8 oz and 24 inches (Sam was right on target for weight gain at this appointment which was such great news! It seems like he didn't gain quite enough weight by 1 month because of his reflux so now that it's under control, he's putting on more than an ounce a day. Thank the Lord!)
*Wearing 3 months in some things and 6 months in other things depending on the brand* Still on Zantac and now I'm dairy free (It has been quite the struggle to figure out what keeps our baby boy uncomfortable. I went ahead and gave up dairy awhile ago, but I cheated on my birthday dinner and then was up with him all night after it hit his system. So we're pretty sure that he is milk intolerant for now. Usually babies outgrow this by their 1st birthday so that's our hope! Life without dairy is a little sad at times, but I've been amazed at how quickly I've gotten used to it. We also forgot to give him the Zantac on Christmas Eve and it was another long night so it appears that no dairy and Zantac are the right combination for Sam.)
* Eating whenever he wants (I've given up on scheduling his feedings. I was trying so hard to make them every 3 hours that was making me crazy. He usually makes it around 3 hours in between feedings, but he also likes a little snack in between those times to go to sleep. He is a serious comfort nurser. He nurses when he's sleepy. Nurses when his little tummy bothers him. Nurses when he's overstimulated and needs a little retreat. I was so worried that this was spoiling him, but I've just given up on worrying about it. I'm home with him and not having to prepare to go back to work so I just let him nurse when he wants. And as far as nights go, we have some good ones and some not so good ones. A good one consists of him going 4 hours in between feedings though which is really great!)
* Sleeps great in the morning and then fights sleep all afternoon until bedtime at 7:30-8ish
* Dirties more outfits in a day than I ever imagined
* Smiles a lot and is cooing some too (He loves to smile for his family and tracks big brother all over the room. He also has a favorite metal piece of art in the living room that he smiles the most for. We're not sure what the appeal is, but he loves it and smiles bigger for it than for any of us. Maybe he'll be an artist?)
* Sleeps in our room in the rock and play and is swaddled up tight at night
* Is getting a little better about spending some time in a swing or playmat so I can get a few things done every now and then.
* Loves his mobile!
* Has stopped loving the car as much :/* Has great neck strength and is holding his head up so well
* Seems to dislike a pacifier more and more
* Still has a good bit of hair, but it seems as though his hair line is receding a bit...we shall see if he keeps it or not* Is the sweetest
Not the most sophisticated photography set up, but babies who can't sit up are hard to take pictures of....I mean when you don't know what you're doing of course.
Love those eyes!
Santa Baby
Just a few in a row of that sweet smile because it's enough to warm any heart.
We love you precious one!