Why I Cried Monday and the Potting Training Diaries

Monday, April 29, 2013

I decided that it was time to start documenting pregnancy number 2, and what better way than to have another themed day out of the week that I must blog right? Only way to keep it going...

Baby 2's blog post will be Why I Cried Monday, but don't worry it won't only be about what all made me cry this week.  It will be about progress with poopsie dos.

I thought of this ridiculous name because I'm crying all of the time this pregnancy! I was so normal and easy going with John's pregnancy, but this one has left me crying over the strangest things.  Maybe it's a girl or maybe I was just lucky with John, who knows!

Well this one may be a long one since I have an entire trimester to catch up on so bear with me.  I really want to get this stuff written down because I documented zilch of John's pregnancy and I really regret it now.  Wish I would have kept up with it a little more!

**Disclaimer this will talk about lady stuff and have pictures of real life pregnancy tests.  Don't go forward if that's not your thing.

Well I found out I was pregnant with this one WAYYYYYY too early.  Like 3 weeks and 1 day kind of early.  :/  And mostly I took the test because I was...you guessed it...an emotional mess! Matt was really busy with work, and I would get this overwhelming sadness starting in the late afternoon and lasting until I would cry when Matt finally got home from work and go to bed.  I felt so crazy...



Faintest lines ever, but positive nonetheless! The first week and a half of knowing I was pregnant was the same thing...a lot of feelings of the blues and a little insomnia.  I was terrified that that would be how this pregnancy went! I am usually such an upbeat person so I totally disliked getting the blues.  It was miserable.

And then by the end of the 4th week, I started to feel normal again.  I literally woke up sick at 5 weeks on the dot and went to sleep sick as well.  It happened to be Matt's birthday so I felt so bad that he was getting such a crummy date for his birthday.  I didn't even make it through dinner without having to just pack it up and leave!  Poor Matt!

This pregnancy was also really stressful in the beginning because I had some spotting which no pregnant person wants to see as well as had an episode of intense side pain that almost had me er bound.  The only neat thing about this was that I had an ultrasound so early to check on the pain.


Here is little peanut at 5 weeks 1 day! That little tiny thing that looks like a grain of rice is the baby.  So amazing to see an early pregnancy like this.  The other amazing thing about this ultrasound was that we could see the tiniest little heart beating in it.  My doctor said that the baby's heart had probably started beating this day, and that it was a miracle to catch it this soon!


And this is what was causing all the side pain! Two ginormous cysts that are thankfully BOTH gone now!! I was not a fan of these puppies inhabiting my body.  This picture was a blast to text to Matt while he was working because I was able to say "here are the twins!"  I think he almost had a stroke. 

At the 5 week visit, I was able to get a prescription for zofran and I quickly learned that the recipe of an afternoon nap when John napped and a zofran a day could get me through the first trimester!  I wasn't feeling great at all, but I could manage with a zofran and a nap.


Here is peanut at 7 weeks 3 days at our first "official" ob visit.  Matt was able to go with me, and it was really sweet to see that tiny heart beating in there.  And to see what a difference two weeks can make!

By 9 weeks I was starting to feel better and unable to button my clothes.  By 10 weeks I felt great and in a bella band full time.

I totally used my cysts as an excuse to need another ultrasound at my 11 week appointment.  It was really nice to find out that they were gone, but even better to get to peek in on this sweet one again.

 Front view at 11 weeks 4 days! Looking more and more like a baby!

 Side view.

 And baby even did a nice handstand for us! He/she was moving all over the place because I had just eaten a granola bar. Whoops. It looks to me like peanut is a boy in this picture, but all of the experts have assured me that it's too soon to tell at 11 weeks.  

After a great trip to Jackson, MS for a wedding, I took a little dip back into the first trimester funk unfortunately, but I'm surviving.  I thought I had shaken it and I was so happy, but it's back to naps and ginger ale for me for a bit.  I was definitely sicker with John's pregnancy so I feel like I have to count my blessings as they come.

I never took a belly pic with John so I decided to bite the bullet and do it this round.  I feel awkward about it, but I regret not watching that tummy grow with John.

11 weeks on the dot. Probably wouldn't be noticeable to anyone else, but this baby has made it's appearance so much earlier than John!

13 weeks here.  Will have to start asking Matt to take some decent ones in the future so I'm not spreading the hated bathroom pics, but this will do for now.  Oddly, my tummy starts out relatively normal in the morning and then I look 6 months pregnant by night.  No clue why that is?

So there you have it.  Poopsie dos is growing more and more, and we couldn't feel more grateful.  I am almost embarrassed to say how early I could feel this one move because my husband told me that I just had gas and that it wasn't possible to feel a baby this soon, but peanut has strong legs because I have consistently felt him or her since 11 weeks.  Nothing major.  Just little nudges and kicks and squirms.  I think God granted an exception for me because I was clogging up heaven with constant prayers for this baby and clogging up Dr. Matt's clinic with constant doppler checks to make sure baby still had a heartbeat.  God bless Matt. I have not been an easy one to deal with this time around.  

And so now on to why I cried this week.  Well I spent a lot of my morning before John woke up crying about starting the real deal potty training tomorrow.  I just don't know where the time has gone, and I guess I feel like him not needing a diaper is one more step into boyhood.  He just looks so old all of a sudden, and as we creep closer and closer to him being three, I find myself crying a lot over every little step towards independence.  I know so many parents celebrate being diaper less, and I'm sure I will too eventually, but currently, it just feels like I'm losing my baby...my darling diaper dependent baby.  Such a pitiful state I'm in...

And so the potty training experiment begins tomorrow morning! I will chronicle it as we move along.  I got a lot of great advice from facebook friends so we're mixing it all together into a method that will work for us.  We've got treats and stickers and undies! Not sure if we'll go totally naked on bottom or not...I'm going to let John sort of direct that, but I do know that we will be house bound for the next several days and I will probably cry some more.



1 comment:

  1. Good luck with potty training AND the pregnancy! We have been potty training the past month and a half and all my "ideas" for how I was going to do it were thrown out the window by my strong willed 2 year old! Let me know how it goes! :) Congrats on baby #2!

    ReplyDelete