Well I'm getting to be embarrassed by the amount of time that we spend at Disney. And yesterday I forgot to post on John because we were...you guessed it...spending the day at Disney with the lovely Scurfields who were in town!
Firstly, we had a blast! It is so fun to be at the happiest place on Earth with people who make you the happiest on Earth.
Yesterday John got to do some things that we've never done before while the big kids did big kid things like ride roller coasters (yay for Matt getting to be a big kid yesterday! This lady wouldn't step foot on a roller coaster if someone paid me so I'm always more than happy to take John to do the kid stuff!) We saw Country Bear Jamboree for the first time which he absolutely loved! And we finally got to see the Nemo show at Animal Kingdom which he also loved and sat perfectly still for the full 40 minutes. I wash shocked!
And for this quick installment of What John's Doing Wednesday, I'd like to say thank you to John. You, my sweet boy, are the trooper of a lifetime! With no nap all day, you smiled and laughed through 12 hours of Disney fun. When we were through, I personally wanted to lay down and cry from exhaustion, but you handled it all with the grace of someone 20 times your age. You are such a darling boy, and I cannot imagine anything that brings me more joy than watching your face light up when you see Mickey or a dancing, country singing bear. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of the joy.
And for a little bit of Keepin' It Real Thursday fun...yesterday did not disappoint for comic relief. Sweet John is getting his last of the 2 year molars and has been having a case of the teething tummy. I guess all that drool can cause some looser than normal stools. Well, of course, right after I changed his diaper and we walked into the festival of the lion king, he decided it was time for the ole bm so he did his business and then had to sit in my lap during the show because we couldn't get up and leave once the doors closed. Soooo...we did that and then I carried him on my hip to wait for Matt to grab his diaper bag for me. And then Matt volunteered to change this diaper (thanks Matt!), and when they walked away I felt like the smell lingered. And then I saw the lovely stains on my shirt and realized the teething tummy had left itself all over my shirt! So I changed into this lovely tshirt that I bought outside of the Festival of the Lion King...
I literally walked around all afternoon with the faint smell of feces and wearing a Hakuna Matata tshirt. The irony of wearing a shirt that means "no worries" while smelling of poop was not lost on me by the way.
So we continue about our day and we get to dinner. Right before we were going to leave Matt and John decided it was funny to take big sips of their drinks and laugh at each other. Matt was drinking water...John, milk. John, who is sitting in my lap, turns around and says "my tummy hurts mama" and then proceeds to puke up all of the milk. Luckily I got only a little on my super cool new shirt and John seemed to feel better immediately.
All I could think to myself was...this is motherhood isn't it? You get to be on the receiving end of every bodily excrement possible, but somehow are made to be able to clean it up and still think your child is the cutest, smartest, sweetest thing that has ever been created. Nothing about that makes sense, but it is a perfect design.
Motherhood is real....really dirty...really nasty...yet really, really beautiful...really joyful...and really worth it.
Keep it real y'all!
