John is extra cuddly today which I will never complain about! He used to worry us because he's NEVER been an affectionate child. He was never one to want to be cuddled and held. I'm pretty sure he's been independent since he was about 5 hours old. He literally was the world's worst eater until he could feed himself. I really think this little fella has always had a mind of his own. Anyway...so when he's cuddly I soak it up like a sponge. This morning he wanted to "snuggle on da couch and watch a movie." So we did. Once he even spontaneously asked for a kiss. What!? I almost melted into the couch. And then later I asked if he wanted a banana and he said "not banana mama. Just snuggles." Man. The snuggling was over after the movie, but I'm so dern glad that he's finally getting a little more affectionate as he gets older.
This morning we were all geared up for a walk and then playing at the park, but the rain ended those hopes so we decided to go shopping for a Halloween costume instead. Now we're back home and resting!
Here are some recent pics and videos of our big boy.
We found another park yesterday! They are everywhere here. This one is next to the fire station and John literally never got out of this fire truck. I was told that I had to be the "fire dog." Mostly I just had to poke my head through this window and bark occasionally.
This video was taken yesterday as well. John has a thing for the lion king opening song (you know the holding up baby Simba one) and his rendition is just to scream "ZAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!" It is hysterical how serious his face is when he does it.
Sometimes I don't think John is a boy's boy until moments like this. He has known the word booby (yes sorry folks) for awhile now and thinks it's funny. Well this video is of him laughing hysterically at Matt for saying "booba" which apparently is too close to booby to not be funny. Men.
Also in this video he is trying out a little Dr Suess. He is currently obsessed with Green Eggs and Ham and constantly says "would you in a ...." whatever he finds to be funny and absurd in that moment.
And just for your viewing pleasure. He is John trying out his Halloween costume. For our first Halloween in Florida, we decided we might as well go all out sea creature. I give to you...the Johnshark.
It needs a little work to get it just right, but you get the idea. He loves this costume and cried when we had to take it off to nap. Oh lord!
And that's what John's doing on this lovely Wednesday!


