I forgot yesterday! Sorry Ray, my faithful reader! ;)
Yesterday was a busy day and I realized something completely ridiculous about myself.
I am married to a doctor (funny that that is a true statement now). I know that doctors are just humans with an interest in medicine and are totally normal people because (like I just said) I'm married to one and am the daughter of one, but for some odd reason when I have a doctor's appointment I go to great lengths to seem put together.
Yesterday I had my annual doctor's visit to make sure all systems are in good working order and here is everything that I did to prepare:
1. I exercised on purpose this week so if I was asked how often I exercise I wouldn't have to lie.
2. I actually remembered to take my vitamin for fear that he might ask about that too.
3. I repainted my toe nails and trimmed my finger nails. (I seriously did this. For real.)
4. I shaved my legs AND changed to a new razor blade before hand so they'd be good and smooth.
5. I actually styled my hair. (I hate to admit that since I've been staying home with John, a pony tail is pretty standard since we're always outside and it's HOT! In October!)
6. I put on real clothes and applied deodorant more than once just in case.
7. I brushed my teeth right before I left the house just to be sure my teeth/mouth were extra clean.
And I'm sure there are more things...
Matt noticed I changed toe nail polish last night and I had to admit that I did it to prepare for the doctor's appointment. I think he almost fell on the floor laughing at me. I probably put more grooming into a doctor's appointment than I do for any date with my husband. How strange is that?! What is that about?!
Just keepin' it real folks. I'm a total freak.
I am guilty of similar things. And when you go every 4 weeks for OB checkups it gets extra silly! We better do something nice for our hubby this weekend!
ReplyDelete