What John's Doing Wednesday!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Jonboy has been very busy this week! We decided to join my dad, stepmom, and little sis on their annual scalloping vacation since poor ole Matt is on his LAST week of medicine and is super busy.

This is what John has been up to told through pictures we've been texting to Matt!

A little pre-vacation trip to the Daytona Beach Buccaneer Bash with dadddio.  John was not in love with the pirates...or the loud music, but we managed to have a little fun.

Made the 3 hour drive to the west coast just in time for some pool time with Callynn!

Stayed up way too late while we went out to eat, but the boy did do some serious gator bite consuming. 

Took out the boat Tuesday morning for a little tubing.  John drove us...he's feeling so comfortable on the seas these days.

 Took the tube out for a spin.  John was ok with it, but I sure had a blast.  I'm pretty sure I've sustained an actual injury, but it was fun to play like a kid again.

Met a real mermaid at Weeki Wachi springs! Poor John must be in his cautious phase because he about had a stroke when this lovely mermaid flapped her tail.  I could literally feel him trembling.

 Little merman and his aunt. Ha.
First time falling asleep in public since I don't know when.  He missed the intro to the mermaid show, but woke up with a look of amazement when he saw them.  I'm sure he thought it was some sort of amazing dream.

Just petting the friendly alligator (eeeeek)!

We also took a swim in the Weeki Wachi spring which is 72 degrees all year round. In the winter it probably feels delightful.  In the summer, it is COOOOLLLLDDD, but sort of an exhilarating cold.

 Sleeping in the bed with me at night! This is also a first! This boy likes his own bed, but this trip he's been wanting to snuggle with mama during the night.  

Scalloping trip this morning! I've been such a brave gal this trip I even swam in what felt like the middle of the ocean with John while others scalloped.  My normal self would not even consider it, but you know what they say..."when in Rome" right?  John really wanted to go swimming so I did it.  I just said get your booty in that water and take the baby swimming.

Our stop at the sandbar.  Despite this face, he had a total blast at the sandbar, and it really is the perfect place for toddler swimming.  

And that's what John's doing this Wednesday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment