Yep! Both myself and Matt have the authority to call a Murray family kitchen dance to order and have been doing so for years now. Anyone who knows either of us well knows that we are both insanely sensitive people. This bodes well for us in our chosen career fields, but can really make life hard to digest at times. I'm not sure when the kitchen dance started, but it started as a silly thing that we did to make ourselves laugh every now and then. It is now a therapeutic event that is used whenever we need to externally express any type of overwhelming internal feeling. At this point in our marriage, I have kitchen danced with Matt when I was so happy that I laughed the entire time, so stressed that I needed to shake it out, and so sad that tears ran down my face the entire time.
What is this dance you say? It's just dancing man. It's just doing one of those dance like no one's watching, really shake it, silly types of dance. At some point the mandatory dance was given a mandatory song- Coldplay's Viva La Vida! If you heard the first few notes of that (you know them), then you knew it was time to get your booty in the kitchen and shake it. We have since graduated to a new Coldplay song from their latest (I think) album which I highly recommend as well.
We have had the pleasure of initiating John into the Murray family kitchen dance. I can remember when he was a newborn, dancing around him with tears in my eyes from the utter lack of sleep and the enormity of what I felt for this tiny guy. Tonight John got super into the Murray dance which Matt called for no real reason other than he felt like doing a little jig in the kitchen.
I'm sure Matt will be thrilled that I shared these. And seriously if the you've got the weight of the world on your shoulders, crank either of those songs up and just let it go. It's therapeutic. It's fun. It's real.
Keep it real y'all!