Visitors and Matt's Birthday!

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Murray fam has been staying pretty busy lately!  It seems that the minute spring is in the air, the visitors start showing up and we love it.  We have really been blown away by how many people have come to see us here and by how nice it is to have some uninterrupted quality time with people.  I dare say that sometimes it feels like moving away made us see more of our dear friends and family.

After our trip home, Nina came to stay for some time while I did some much needed things like get fillings and ce's towards my social work license.  (She'll be coming back soon so I can get a root canal. Lucky me.  Never had one so if it's awful please don't tell me.  I'm already terrified.)  After Nina left, my mom and stepdad came to stay and see the Daytona 500 while they were here.  And then after they left, the McCormick crew skipped out on Mardi Gras for a visit with us and we felt so lucky they did!  While they were here, we were able to celebrate Matt's 30th birthday which was super special.

Here is the photo evidence!  *Still not great about taking pics while we have visitors but I'm trying to get better.

We took Nana and Papa Jay to see the manatees, but there were only 7 counted that day. :(  Guess the manatees are gone until next winter.





 What all my pictures of Sam look like when we're out and about.  Sweet boy.

We didn't get any pics on race day, but I think they had a good time despite the awful weather!

Next Shaunna and Robert arrived and we went straight to their favorite greek restaurant here and to mass.  Sunday we had a Surfing Mardi Gras Party for Matt.  It was super fun to incorporate a little bit of home into our life here.  Matt has developed a serious love of surfing so he was on cloud 9 to get to surf all afternoon without any guilt.  His non-parent friends here tease him about having a curfew when they surf, but mama can't do it all alone ALL the time.  Am I right or am I right?

Sam enjoyed the party. 

And John spent most of his time doing this.

Shaunna getting Robert all suited up to go surfing.  

 Hanging banners and decorations was a bit of a joke because the wind was out of control.  Sweet Shaunna and Robert just helped me along anyway even though I'm sure they thought I was crazy.
 Did a little coastal cooking...mini muffalettas, jambalaya, corn dog nuggets for our LSU friend Eric, and the McCormicks brought Zapps, king cake, and Barq's in a bottle.  Matt was a happy boy.



My shadow is in a lot of the pictures I took...going to have to eventually read all of the things I pin on pinterest about using my fancy camera. :/

Shaunna kept saying she felt like she was in a movie because of things like this.  Our friends riding motorized skateboards on a beach and riding beach cruisers up to the party.  Ha.  It is a little funny to be legitimate beach bums these days.

Love these three! Spent a day in New Smyrna Beach as well!

Such a joyful time.  Loved celebrating Matt and loved all of our company!

Can't believe we're entering our thirties.  Have a feeling the thirties are going to be some of the best years for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment