Please Pray!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

I've got two sorority sisters from college going through some very difficult times, and I wanted to share both of them with you so I thought I would just incorporate it in a blog since I can't facebook status both of them at the same time.  I know I've been blowing up facebook the last few days with this thing, but this one is the only one I care if you read!

I've always been a little unsure how to approach God when it comes to difficult situations.  I've struggled with all of the big questions like "if God is in control of this why doesn't he just fix it?" or "why would have even let it happen?" or "if I'm supposed to believe that God orchestrates the good, then doesn't he orchestrate the bad as well?" or "Does God allow natural law to take place and intervene only in cases of miracles?" They are really tough questions that I don't believe anyone can answer in this life.  BUT what I do know is that whatever the answer is to all of that, God has his hand on us.  He's guiding us.  He's holding us when we don't think we can go on.  He's crying with us.  He's rejoicing with us.  He is love.

Tonight I wanted to jump off a tall bridge because my children were driving me crazy.  Seriously crazy.  Like I may have yelled and acted in a way that embarrassed me.  I picked up my phone to look at facebook and try to cool off, but my heart led me towards the daily reading instead.  I prayed that God would help me to be a better mom and to find a way to remember how to love as He loves.  And then the gospel was this:

Jesus said to his disciples:
“Ask and it will be given to you;
seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds;
and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. 
Which one of you would hand his son a stone
when he asked for a loaf of bread,
or a snake when he asked for a fish?
If you then, who are wicked,
know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your heavenly Father give good things
to those who ask him.

“Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. 
This is the law and the prophets.”


And it turned around my night.  It reminded me of the golden rule, but it also reminded me that God does answer prayers. 

It reminded me that if God cares enough to gently lift me back to my feet to try again this night, then He surely cares enough to heal these sweet friends, to bring peace to them, to be their strength, and to get them through this difficult time.  

Please join me in praying for them both.


  • Peyton had a car accident and has been in the ICU in critical condition.  You can follow her progress here. 
  • Lauren and her husband, Wesley, had a baby (John Pearson) due the same day as our Sam.  He was born with something called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome and has been fighting one heck of a fight since his first seconds with us.  He continues to have ups and downs, but please join us in praying that he only has ups from now on.  You can follow the Clay family on their blog here.  
Thanks so much for helping me pray for these families.  They are both special to me, but to so many others as well.  



No comments:

Post a Comment