Did you know? :) :) :)
These ships are not very large at all.
The crew had to sleep, eat, live on the deck, and there were only 20-30 in the crew.
Me either. Learned those tidbits today. Among other things, but I was mostly playing pirates with John so it was hard to hear the real facts over the "ahoy there mateys!"
Man the cannons!
Just checking things out.
The ship they used to get to and from the shore. This replica was built by a 14 year old. And we say kids these days aren't doing anything worth while.
I forgot what this was called, but it is how they steer.
A rare family pic thanks to one of the crew members!
Stud muffin (and little stud muffin).
What trying to get a cute picture of John is like...John pretend you're pulling the rope and smile!
Well I tried, but he is ALWAYS in character. I guess this is how a pirate pulls a rope.
Shortly after we arrived, several school showed up so we only spent about 45 minutes looking around, but really that was plenty of time. There's not all that much to see which makes their journey all the more impressive.
And that's that for this excursion.