Today I make a change...all for the good of sharing our latest iphone moments. ;) Important change, I know.
Where to begin...
Recently I've been wanting to do a lot of cleaning. This is me attempting to clean while John wanted me to be an octopus and gave me six things to carry around to pretend I had 8 arms.
But what we've been doing a lot of is above. Snuggling.
That's because my chipper happy school boy...
got his first school crud and hasn't been feeling well. We are totally lucky because it was just a cold, but he took it pretty hard. No fever, no aches...just a runny nose and a cough and an extra dose of pitiful.
So we've been taking it pretty easy lately as it has taken him a little more time than I thought it would to shake the crud. We have been trying our best to get outside some and enjoy this breeze. It's great for blowing capes in the right super hero fashion, but it's also great for reminding me that cooler weather will come at some point and not to give up hope.
We've spent some time decorating a little with my beloved pumpkins.
And we had the pleasure of watching Aiden for a bit while his mama was in the hospital for suspected preterm labor. He wasn't 100%, but he was SO happy to have a playmate around (and so was I...one can only be Wendy from Peter Pan for so long before she goes crazy. I'm 99% percent sure that if you addressed me at the moment, a British accent would involuntarily come out).
On one of our shopping escapades I drug him on when he wasn't feeling great (I know...so awful of me), we picked up this awesome mask. John is really into the idea of the wizard of oz. He has a Veggie Tales version that he loves. We tried to watch the real one, and he was pretty scared but he loves all of the characters and so we play Wizard of Oz a good bit at home.
It also spawned a series of parades in our house...
This was what we did forever one night. We watched his version of the Celebrate a Dream Come True parade. My favorite is when he gives you a hug and then looks at you and says "your dreams just came true."
One day when he was at school I ran back in the store for the tinman mask and they had all of these onsale for a dollar a piece so I had to get them.
What a great idea right?
Except look who wears them most of the time...
Ah! So scary...
The Celebrate a Dream Come True parade is one of the parades at Magic Kingdom and became my gauge for how sick John was with his cold. I knew he was feeling better when he did it with this much spunk...
Please excuse my singing in it.
It is also spilling over into his block time. That is all the Disney characters on their floats.
I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but John prefers to just build lots of straight lines with his blocks. No fancy towers...lines.
This is him practicing his Captain Hook impression...it's actually not so bad.
So we've had a bit of a weird recovery from the cold. I thought he was a little clingy because of the cold, but it turns out that he's just going through a bit of a clingy phase in general. He's been waking up some during the night and crying for me and only me. He's crying a lot at school. He's pretty much not happy if I'm not by his side at all times. I'm not sure if it's baby fever or just a regular phase. I started to go into panic mode and try to figure this out so I could "fix it" before baby brother arrives, but I've had to take a step back and remember that "this too shall pass." He won't be like this forever and there's no telling what the true cause of it is so I'm trying my best to just be patient, reasonable, and learn to live with the exhaustion of night wakings a few weeks before I expected to.
One of the bad days at school recently spurred this conversation...
Turns out John only likes the idea of being a fireman. I don't think he's up for any more fire drills this year.
In my attempts to get him to do something other than stay by my side 24/7, he's
baked cookies with his pal Emma.
played a lot of fisherman in his costume from Nina
watched the new Jake movie with dad
put on the Halloween pjs in honor of October!
worn a few more sppooookkkyyy shirts (and this is a muscle heart he's doing for me to send to Matt), and of course some other things along the way.
We also went to a cute little family day in the park last weekend but it was so muddy from all night rain that we didn't stay long. I did manage a few pics though!
John stated he wanted to be a bat this year for Halloween and I couldn't find a lightweight bat costume so I decided that I could make one. John helped me make this costume which isn't perfect, but turned out ok.
And then this was his reaction when we tried it on...
That is pure bat misery. I have no idea what set him off about the bat costume or if he'll change his mind about it before Halloween. All I can say is...so much for trying to plan ahead! I believe we'll be Target bound a few days before Halloween to pick something up after all. The joys of motherhood right?
Today we've been trying to recover from another long night last night. John opted for some art time this morning so we went on a leaf hunting adventure to find some leaves to paint white and make into spooky ghosts. It's hard to stay mad at that smile and that outfit choice for long.
Of course we had to make a thirty minute pit stop and put dead grass and sticks into this drain. I have no idea what appeals to him about this activity, but he LOVES to shove things down in a drain. I have no idea if this is ok or not? If not, I'll be deleting this pic asap.
And that's where we are in the life of the Murrays. Matt has his first weekend off in I can't tell you how long, and we're all over the moon excited about it. I can't tell you how great it will feel to see him walk through the doors today at a decent time and not leave again until Monday morning. It will almost feel...dare I say...normal. I will hopefully add more pics soon.
This post was most definitely all over the place, but that's what I get for not keeping it up to date! It took awhile, but I think we're pretty squared away on what John's doing.























