Why I Cried Monday...21 weeks!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Can it be true?  We are past the halfway mark of this pregnancy somehow.  Some people celebrate.  I mostly panic.  There is so much to do!

All is well with baby dos.  He (or so we think...we'll know for sure Friday) still has no name, but we're working towards one.  I had a regular check up today, and all continues to be progressing as normal.  Lots of prayers that things stay that way.  I will go in this week to have the big 20 week (I'll be almost 22 weeks but that's just the way it worked out) ultrasound to check the anatomy, measurements, etc.  I am so eager to get my eyes on my little guy.  The hardest thing about this pregnancy as of late is actually remembering I'm pregnant.  I'm worried baby 2 already feels neglected!

Sadly for the comic relief of this post, the emotional roller coaster has slowed down and, dare I say, come to a halt.  I still cry occasionally, but no major melt downs.  I would be lying though if I didn't mention the tears that flowed after hearing this song on the radio recently.



Always makes me think of my darling family...and I'll stop before the tears begin.

I did have my first nose bleed yesterday. Like maybe my first ever in life, but I'm battling a serious cold at the moment so I guess it shouldn't have come as a total shock.  Although it did.  Other than that, the only rough symptoms are continued back pain and the ole "pregnancy mask."  If you've never heard of it, you're lucky.  It's just dark spots caused from hormones on your face, but mine have never gone away since John and are getting worse now. :/  Any skin care gurus with recommendations on dealing with those, hit me up!

Sweet boy is as active as ever! He moves and kicks strong enough that anyone can feel it now, and I've started noticing my belly bounce a little with the stronger kicks.  Not sure if he'll be a big boy, but I think he'll be a strong one.  He feels like he is in the exact same position John assumed around 20 weeks and is favoring the right side just like big bro.

I'm continuing to gain a good bit of weight, but I've surrendered to it at this point.  I'm 15 lbs in at 21 weeks so I'm sure I'll pass up the recommendations this time around.  What can a lady do?  Let me rephrase that...what can a lady who loves to eat gummy bears at night do? That's right.  Just eat the gummy bears and deal with it later.  I am still at that I'm hungry all the time phase, but I know the phase is coming soon when I won't be able to eat anything because the baby is taking up so much room.  I find it's much easier to take things in stride the second time around.  I'm painfully aware at how quick all of this goes by.

And in terms of big bro, he's getting more and more comfortable with the thought of baby bro.  He gives my tummy lots of kisses and has mentioned some things that he's willing to share with baby when he comes.  He is still insistent that his name will be Marlin despite us pushing him towards a few other names.  I think we're going to redo his room in July to make it his "big boy" room so we'll see how that goes over.  That's when things will start to feel real I'm sure.

And here we are in all of our 21 week glory.  Matt didn't want to get in the pic, but I made him which makes this pic the most awkward selfie bathroom pic ever.






No comments:

Post a Comment