You may ask yourself why I have such a somber tone in such a momentous time...it's our first weekend in Daytona for the Daytona 500. I should be getting nascartastic by now, but instead, I'm pondering my current state of affairs.
You will see why.
Check out my things to do list on my fridge.
Now take note of what is second on my list. That Jake would just so be the Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates who just so happens to have a birthday on March 1st. John has been asking if we could send him a birthday video as he saw advertised on Disney Junior.
That is somehow TWO entire places above filing my taxes. I remembered that we needed to send Jake a birthday message BEFORE I remembered that we needed to file our taxes.
See the source of my woe here. I have no words for myself. (I absolutely got our taxes filed yesterday though so don't be too harsh.)
Back to the most important thing...the video to Jake. Could I live a better life? Our first priority today was to make sure that video was made.
This required purchasing a pirate hat from Party City.
Arrrrr!
Driving 12 miles on the insterstate alone for the perfect backdrop, aka: "Pirate Park."
And immediately losing interest in our video. I had his attention for about 2 minutes before we were on to snacking in the shade and playing.
I'm such a kind producer to allow snack breaks for the actors.
And I give you the video that we have just submitted to Disney Junior for our beloved Jake's birthday:
It could only be 15 seconds and it will definitely not be aired on television, but it makes me really, really laugh.
And like any good movie, the outtakes are always the best.
I reiterate...what is this life I live, when this is actually written on my things to do list.
It is another very special pirate's bithday today as well.
(Sorry Nina...I couldn't help myself)
We are wishing you the happiest of all birthdays today. We would give anything to be with you today, but cannot wait to celebrate again sometime soon. We love you oh so very much and appreciate everything thing (little and big) that you do for us!
Keep it real out there you scurvy pirates.



