Florida Ag Museum Fun

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

We are slowly but surely checking out all of the local things to do.  One thing that has been on my list is the Florida Ag Museum because I saw on their website that they offer a tractor tour and they have farm animals.  You have to say nothing more for me to know that this is John's version of heaven.

So Friday we and John's friend Emma and her mama headed out for the museum which is in Palm Coast about 20-30 miles or so from home.  Not too bad for tractor tours.

We arrived and John was instantly entranced by all of the chickens roaming free.

It was definitely a guided tour with other adults so I was a little nervous how two toddlers would handle it, but everyone was very patient and kind with John and Emma.  They were definitely the entertainment.


John ringing the bell to tell everyone it's time to tend the orange groves.  He loved this of course.

Just a few of our new friends.

Can't help but think "Forgive me father, for I have sinned..."

 Tractor ride with my pals!

 I will try to spare you the boring details, but I was fascinated by this place.  It showed what this fully functioning home of a family of 6 was like in the 1800s.  

The four boys shared this room.  John kept saying "four mama?"

The kitchen was a separate house and almost as large as the main house.  Guess feeding four boys requires a good bit of time in the kitchen.

 Hanging out with the house chickens.

 The house corn grinder...So neat.  I'm sure there's an official name for this contraption. :/

 I got distracted with John and I couldn't tell if the family would have had owned these cows or not.  I think so.  Right?

 The family garden to supplement what they had to get at the grocery store.

 The adorable "little" pig.

The pig and John immediately bonded.  They loved each other!  When we left John had the whole group laughing because he said just as serious as can be "bye bye you big, fat pig!"

 The Black Cowboy exhibit...really interesting read.

We stopped off in the local commisary.  Also a neat thing to see.

 Playing checkers at the grocery.  Is that not cute?

My heart.


After our tour ended, we had a little picnic lunch before we left.  Sometimes Merli (Emma's mom) and I have to just sit and laugh at how "all boy" John is and how "all girl" Emma is.  Emma likes to play sweetly and quietly while John was literally karate chopping a wipe out of my hand with all of his might during our picnic.


 Arm swinging back for the chop...

And here it comes!

This one is a mess, but he's a cute mess.


And that was our trip to the Florida Ag Museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment