Meet "new how!" and other recent happenings.

Monday, July 9, 2012

We're all moved in and I've been meaning to post pics of our new house so everyone who can't travel can still check out the new digs.

Serious disclaimer: this is not an interior design blog.  This is a humble family blog so if you keep your design critiques to yourself, I will keep my decorating tips to myself. ;)  Fair enough right?

One crazy thing about our new house is that we doubled our square footage.  The space has been so nice, but we didn't get to double our budget so you'll see that we're currently just having to make it work with what we've got.  I'd say it isn't all that bad.

John's room is identical to his room in the old house which we did on purpose to help him transition. 



Thankful for just one window in his new room because we only had one set of these curtains!

 Plenty of closet space! Yiipppppeee!

Guest bedroom. Not in love with the picture above the bed, but it's staying for the next long while.  



We're excited to have somewhere to put this chair! Matt's sister refinished it for us two years ago and we didn't have any room in our old house for it!

Guest bath.  It looks decent with the potty seat gone and the curtain closed, but I was feeling a little too lazy to do it.

 So John's room and the guest bedroom would be to the right from this direction and our room to the left. And this is the kitchen! Tada!
The only piece of furniture that we've bought.  Not too bad for doubling square footage.

 Our family room.  I'm pretty sure I've had to vacuum this rug everyday since we've lived here, but I guess that's what family rooms are for!

 Also not in love with the piece above the couch, but we had it and it sort of worked so we went with it.  John's toy corner is almost hidden in this room which is nice.  

 The lanai (aka:screened in back porch) needs a good bit of work that may never get done.  For now, it's John's stomping grounds and that's fine with me.  

 The jogging stroller is not usually parked in the formal living room, but it was this afternoon so it made it into the picture.  The formal living room is a tad "nekie" as john would say, but we'll work on it.  It's the one room that I do have somewhat of a vision for what I'd like it to look like, but I'm quite content with taking our time on it.

 The sitting room. I actually like this room despite it's imperfections.  I bought the coffee table at the thrift store for 10 dollars and I was so excited to paint it either an apple green, gold, or blue greyish color, but it turned out that you could only paint it with counter top paint because it wasn't real wood (hence the 10 dollar price tag I reckon).  Counter top paint was limited in color options so I had to go with this light green.  I hated it at first, but I'm starting to tolerate it.  We'll see! Can't argue with 10 dollars I guess.


 Half of our bedroom is a bedroom... (the no sew curtain project turned into a no sew valence project in this house.  I think I like them more as a valence!)
 And the other half is an office.  I wasn't too excited about that at first, but now I like it.  Matt and I are able to be in the same room and do very different things when we need to.  It's better than being on opposite sides of the house.

 Our giant bathroom!

 It keeps going...

And our even bigger closet! I can't even fill it up! Shame on me...

There's still a whole wall to the right of this picture...Any of you who spent time in our last house know that this is a big deal to us! We loved our tiny first house, but boy is it nice to be able to spread out a little!

So that's it! We're here and we're all moved in.  

This week was also the Fourth of July and we were surprised with Matt having the day off.  He somehow discharged all of his patients and was able to have the day off.  This never happens, but we lucked out and we'll take it!  It was a good day full of relaxing and fun.  Another resident and his wife had us all over to the beach in front of their house for dinner and fireworks.  We made it through the dinner (duh!), but John didn't seem excited by the fireworks.  He actually communicated it quite clearly for a little guy.  No screaming. Just simply said "fireworks scare me. go home." Bless him!



 Thanks to Jonathan and Leslie (red hat) for having us! 



John's new friend, Aiden. Cute, cute, cute.

And this weekend we were so lucky to have my dad, stepmom, and little sis in town to visit! The weekend was full of trying new restaurants, some beach time, and just hanging out! John is especially fond of my little sister who he calls by her first and middle name "Callynn Jane."  Poor little fella cried for her for a little bit after they had to leave.  :(  Luckily they're just 3 hours away so we'll see them again very soon!

 A very rare moment with this boy.  He just snuggled right up with her and watched his favorite "trains."

 Looks like I'll have two in the water in no time! 
The fam!

So I guess we're settling right in! Matt's loving what he's doing.  I'm still sorting through what I'll be doing, but feeling more and more at peace with the unknown as the days pass.  

And please- come visit us! 




No comments:

Post a Comment