My stepmom, Carinda, and little sis, Callynn, were already planning to go with Sharon and her grandson, AJ, so John and I decided we would drive over and meet them. I mean why not right?!
It was a blazing hot day, but we had enough fun to foget about the heat. There were definite highs (meeting ELMO) and definite lows (having to leave the 3d turtle film because "No LIKE IT MAMA!!!"), but overall we had some Shamu sized fun. Yep. I went there. :)
I won't bore you with words, but let the pictures do the talking.
John meet Shamu.
Waiting to see the Dolphin/Bird Show, Blue Horizons!
Still waiting...
Not to sound cheesy, but I would have waited in the heat for 5 more hours to get to see this moment. He just ran into Elmo's arm. I couldn't get a picture of his face because he wouldn't take his eyes off of Elmo.
And a big kiss for his favorite red monster.
Shamu! You really can't appreciate this moment as a child. These are the most impressive creatures to watch. They are HUUUUGGGEEEE!
Some relief from the heat!
What's a day at the park without sitting naked in someone else's rental stroller?
Enjoying some cantaloupe I successfully smuggled in. Sorry Sea World.
And there you have it. What a fun day! We're so happy that we're close enough that we can make these days a habit!!